Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

immigrants

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Earler this week a large blue van LWB Sprinter size pulled up outside our flats. It had Romanian number plates with 3 people a couple and young child about 4yrs old. All the boxes had A4 sheets on them with the address ? ????Court xx
xxxRoad Haywards Heath Sussex ENGLAND.

The address given is a 2 bedroom flat occupied by a foreign man wife and son in early 20s. Obviously if this new family move in the flat will be over crowded. Does this mean that family who possibly drove from Romania will jump the housing lists and become eligible for housing association rehousing. Something is wrong when the lists are subject to such manipulation.

The family can be seen walking about so are obviously staying/living there now.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
hqdefault.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank god they weren't black, you've had a narrow escape there mate.

D

Deleted member 22389

Earler this week a large blue van LWB Sprinter size pulled up outside our flats. It had Romanian number plates with 3 people a couple and young child about 4yrs old. All the boxes had A4 sheets on them with the address ? ????Court xx

The address given is a 2 bedroom flat occupied by a foreign man wife and son in early 20s. Obviously if this new family move in the flat will be over crowded. Does this mean that family who possibly drove from Romania will jump the housing lists and become eligible for housing association rehousing. Something is wrong when the lists are subject to such manipulation.

Your asking a perfectly reasonable question especially when social housing is at a premium.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The exodus to Haywards Heath has begun. When Bushy sees this there's gone be murder.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is this why the EDL March isn't happening in Brighton next year? They are more needed in Haywards?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All depends on how swarthy they are. If they're reasonably fair skinned he may be ok just as long as they don't display any catholic tendencies.

True. Let's hope they don't start slinging nappies around.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

To be honest, I don't mind immigrants per se, and I'm not a racist but...
... I think it's a bit much when they just drive here and show up in broad daylight in a decent motor, not attempting to hide anything, their addresses clearly printed on A4 paper, and move into a nice bourgeois area like Haywards Heath.
To get my support they need to have proved themselves a bit by enduring a long and hazardous foot journey from sub-Saharan Africa, followed by surviving drowning in a rickety boat across to Lampedusa, before pitching up in an unsanitary refugee camp at Calais (having been subject en route to racist abuse and violence from groups of Italian, French and other nationalities of right-wing youths). They then need to find their way somehow across the Channel, apply for asylum, be locked up and badly treated for a while in a detention centre, before proving their case to asylum against the odds. Then they can claim their rehousing (but in an otherwise derelict terraced house in a place with no jobs, like Middlesborough, certainly not Haywards Heath). Now them's proper immigrants.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Is it not possible they may have purchased or be renting the flat privately ? Why the automatic assumption they skipped a housing list ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not go and speak with them and be a bit neighbourly?

I have tried speaking to the original occupants of the flat but they neither speak nor appear to understand English. I have no feeling one way or the other, as neither I nor any of my family are desperate for housing but this appears to be an area of legislation that needs tightening up, as I am sure many people on social housjng lists will agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here