Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
mccourt-170914-ld229-1925034_478x359.jpg

Paddy McCourt
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:30 18th September 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s now up to me to push the lads that are in the team at the minute and try to force my way back into the squad."
Paddy McCourt

Paddy McCourt was pleased to play 90 minutes for Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-21s on Monday and is targeting a quick return to the first-team squad.
The Northern Ireland international put in an accomplished display at the heart of Albion’s midfield as they beat Derby County 1-0 at Culver Road, and he believes the game has really benefited his fitness.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I want to try and help the first team, but after missing most of pre-season, it was important to get some minutes into my legs and my first 90 minutes.
“I was unattached in the summer and was doing some training with my old manager at Derry, but it was not the same. Obviously I am still a few weeks behind the lads, but I’m feeling quite good, so playing the game on Monday has helped me alot.
“It’s now up to me to push the lads that are in the team at the minute and try to force my way back into the squad.
“I’d love to be involved on Saturday; obviously it’s up to the manager, but I’m hoping that the chance to get into the first team, even if it’s off the bench, will come up sooner rather than later.” [h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The 30-year-old was by far the most experienced player in Simon Ireland’s squad and says he is only too happy to help the next generation of Albion players in their fledgling careers.
“If I can help the younger lads out then brilliant. I’m 30 now and have played a lot of first-team football, so if I can help any of them in any way at all then I’d be glad to do it.
“Simon is a good guy and I did a few sessions with him last week. He’s a good coach and the younger lads seem to have a lot of respect for him.
“He’s very much in the mould of the first-team manager and likes to get the ball down and play, which is what Brighton are known for as a club, so it’s good that the under-21s are mirroring that style.” [h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h] saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h] TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h] saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here