Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Horsham

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It looks very much like I will be moving to Horsham soon, anyone tell me where's nice and where's crap in the town centre?!? So far I've been to the anchor, which is plenty nice enough, and 30 seconds walk from where I'm moving to. Anywhere else?!?!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bedford at back of station is fine for football. The Black Jug between station and town is fairly busy and half decent beer.

NWSS often have some sort of get together at The Holbrook Club although not sure it has much to offer otherwise

Other than that not much I would recommend.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bedford behind the station if you want football, in the town centre the Stout house is a proper pub, as is the Bear, although I haven't been in there lately.

The Anchor and the Crown are both busy on Friday and Saturday nights.

The Malt Shovel has live music on a Friday, the Black Jug has good beer but is the most expensive pub in Horsham.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Stout House is of course the correct answer. Small, proper pub with an eccentric landlord.

Lovely place, but Hall & Woodhouse, so no decent beer. Was so much better when it was K&B.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bedford behind the station if you want football, in the town centre the Stout house is a proper pub, as is the Bear, although I haven't been in there lately.

The Anchor and the Crown are both busy on Friday and Saturday nights.

The Malt Shovel has live music on a Friday, the Black Jug has good beer but is the most expensive pub in Horsham.

Oh, avoid the Lynd Cross which is the Wethersopoons, it's a bit of a youth club, but of course does offer cheap beer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh, avoid the Lynd Cross which is the Wethersopoons, it's a bit of a youth club, but of course does offer cheap beer.

Yes, with a free lollypop with every alcopop

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Malt Shovel used to be ok but haven't been there for a while.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you stray further out of town my favourite pub is the bax castle which is near Christmas hospital school. Great summer pub with big beer garden, Good beer, Good food. In town the Anchor has a a lot going for it these says. Used to be shit but it is much better. The crown is green king so you know what you are getting. The bear is often full of weirdos. The tanners arms is good for live bands as well but it's a bit out of town.

Last edited:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Across Market square from 'The Anchor' is 'The Bear' the best pub in town.

Black Jug is full of RSA employees during the week and as somebody else mentioned the prices keep out the chavs!

Out of town, a taxi trip away is the Bax Castle. Great summer and/or sunday pub.

Avoid pretty much everywhere else!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The bear is often full of complete nut jobs but beer wise and for old style pubs it's pretty good

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Jul 7, 2003
Rising Sun on Pondtail Road used to be okay but is a fair few years since I was last there. Used to have a proper old bar billiards table in there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here