Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truth in Media : Cannabis as Medicine.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Thought this was worth sharing.

In my view Cannabis is a medicine, but I know a lot of people don't agree with that, or think that it's a poor excuse for an excuse. I think the debate has moved a lot in recent years, and more is being understood, but in general, does NSC think that people ready to view Cannabis as a medicine?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doesn't matter what the FEDS say.

The 2 states that have legalised cannabis, are making more money than they know what to do with.

Anyone who thinks marijuana won't be legal across America within 5 years, is more off their head than any stoner has ever been.
Philip Morris et al are planted and ready to go.

The rest of the world won't be far behind.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I doesn't matter what the FEDS say.

The 2 states that have legalised cannabis, are making more money than they know what to do with.

Anyone who thinks marijuana won't be legal across America within 5 years, is more off their head than any stoner has ever been.
Philip Morris et al are planted and ready to go.

The rest of the world won't be far behind.

Colorado is taking about $60m a year - while considerably more than my bank balance I wouldn't call that shed loads of cash for an American state.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Colorado is taking about $60m a year - while considerably more than my bank balance I wouldn't call that shed loads of cash for an American state.
$60m they didn't have before.

I doubt there's a state in America who currently could turn down $5m a month extra revenue.

As you say it's not 'a lot' in the whole scheme of things, but many many states would currently swap bank accounts with you.
The country is broke.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Imagine how much the police would save in resources, how many jobs it would create, and how much it would pump into the economy, if it were legalised here.

Not to mention a reduction in alcoholism, which really is a serious problem in this country.

Legalise it. Absolute no brainer.

Oh I completely agree. I find it amazing that the government ( of any colour ) continues the same old drugs policies which have never worked. It's the definition of stupidity to keep doing the same thing, failing and then re-doing it in some vain hope it will finally work this time.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It most deffo can be a medicine, my mrs' MS is pretty untreatable apart from a daily copaxone injection to try and slow it's progress, however a joint in the evening is the only thing that relieves any of the pain and muscle spasms.

Problem is that when I pick up for her it makes me a dealer in the eyes of the police.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just don't get how you can ban something that's 100% natural (aside from the engineered stronger stuff).

You *can* ban anything you want, no matter how ridiculous or knee jerk. High salt, low salt, misleading labels, burqas, crosses, small pieces of plastic, jokes, books, political partiies, records by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, walking to work using certain routes (banned by one of my clients in Tokyo), excessive speed, flashing lights and, if you believe the paranoid, Christmas Carols in state schools.

Whether you *should* ban it is another thing entirely. Personally,as far as Cannabis goes I think it should be legal and i have that in common with the Greens on the left, the libertarians on the right and several academics, sportsmen (i.e Tuffers) and other sane notables in the middle.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You *can* ban anything you want, no matter how ridiculous or knee jerk. High salt, low salt, misleading labels, burqas, crosses, small pieces of plastic, jokes, books, political partiies, records by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, walking to work using certain routes (banned by one of my clients in Tokyo), excessive speed, flashing lights and, if you believe the paranoid, Christmas Carols in state schools.

I understand all of the above and agree.
However, to ban a natural plant (un-tampered) seems a bit silly when they happily rake in the £millions of Taxi profits from toxic and poisonous tobacco.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Of course it can be viewed as a medicine, in the same way that heroin and cocaine are ( in hospitals)

The debate is should recreational use of them be allowed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lets not forget big business, in the form of the Tobacco giants, want this.

In America, at least, reasoned debate goes out the window when enough money is on the table.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is entirely possible to extract the pain relieving chemicals from cannabis resin and use that, only trouble is you don't get the side effects that everybody wants.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Eh hello. My names Tim and I'm a criminal,
In the eyes of society I need to be in jail
For the choice of herbs I inhale.
This ain't no wholesale operation
Just a few eighths and some Playstations my's vocation
I pose a threat to the nation
And down the station the police hold no patience
Let's talk space and time
I like to get deep sometimes and think about Einstein
And Carl Jung And old Kung Fu movies I like to see
Pass the hydrator please
Yeah I'm floating on thin air.
Going to Amsterdam in the New Year - top gear there
Cause I taker pride in my hobby
Home made bongs using my engineering degree
Dear Leaders, please legalise weed for these reasons.

A classic quote from a poet and a song which says all you need to know about why you should legalize for recreational use, let along the medicinal use - many will know people who smoke daily as it is used as the best form of pain release

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Legalise everything is my view.

Has there has ever been ANY prohibition in the history of the world that had succeeded? There is a suspicion, in fact more than a suspicion that anything that is fun or untaxable will be scheduled, banned or otherwise hyped to death as an evil against mankind.

Witness, if you will, e cigarettes. Here is something which EVERYONE within the medical establishment agrees is far far preferable to tobacco and will unquestionably save 5,000 lives per annum AT A STROKE should it replace traditional fags. Instead of the government praising dear god almighty for this fantastic innovation we see media scare tactics and an unsightly rush for governmental control of this rich vein of revenue a yet untapped. Ban it, regulate it control it... Dear Jesus the hypocrisy.

Meanwhile tobacco and its mega bucks of tax revenue remains as before. It makes me want to puke.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It is entirely possible to extract the pain relieving chemicals from cannabis resin and use that, only trouble is you don't get the side effects that everybody wants.

Which goes to show that you know **** all about it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Legalise everything is my view.

Has there has ever been ANY prohibition in the history of the world that had succeeded? There is a suspicion, in fact more than a suspicion that anything that is fun or untaxable will be scheduled, banned or otherwise hyped to death as an evil against mankind.

Witness, if you will, e cigarettes. Here is something which EVERYONE within the medical establishment agrees is far far preferable to tobacco and will unquestionably save 5,000 lives per annum AT A STROKE should it replace traditional fags. Instead of the government praising dear god almighty for this fantastic innovation we see media scare tactics and an unsightly rush for governmental control of this rich vein of revenue a yet untapped. Ban it, regulate it control it... Dear Jesus the hypocrisy.

Meanwhile tobacco and its mega bucks of tax revenue remains as before. It makes me want to puke.

100% and use the taxes to assist with life changing drugs such as H and addiction to Crack and Coke and keeping much safer drugs like E cleaner and with advice as to dancing safe on it, and just rake in the money from the people wanting the odd smoke

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm all for legalising drugs (and prostitution) because I'm of the general opinion of when you criminalise something criminals move in.

However (and it's a big however) you would be naive to think that there would be no criminal activity.

Because of the nature of such pleasure activities and their addictiveness, the state will view it as a cash cow, tax accordingly and criminals will move in to supply a cheaper product.

Both alcohol and cigarettes are legal but have a black market worth billions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here