Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel avoidance

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Heads-up, if you tend to enjoy TalkSport in the late afternoon, every reason to change your plans for one day later unless the appeal of Durham and Piers :tosser: Morgan is irresistible.
Could not think of anything worse personally.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can. The day Chiles and Townsend get their own radio, will be the day I finally go postal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heads-up, if you tend to enjoy TalkSport in the late afternoon, every reason to change your plans for one day later unless the appeal of Durham and Piers :tosser: Morgan is irresistible.
Could not think of anything worse personally.

Good GRIEF.

Adrian Durham, Piers Morgan and a load of shit adverts for builders' merchants, on loop.

Anyone who listens to that out of choice, has something deeply wrong in the wiring of their brain.

Seriously, wtf?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do like TalkSport in phases, eg if I want to hear football chat, when 5live are being all fair and pc to everyone else in society and covering live London Irish v Gloucester, or an England women's football match. Sorry.

But generally giving Talksport a break at the moment ..... all very predictable ...... Collymore, Durham, Saggers and co shouting down the microphone, in slagging off PL teams who haven't got the most expensive squads (Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal), whilst mega spending Chelsea and ManC and their managers get praised to the hilt for their 'genius'.

TV - normally avoid C5, as mainly crap, but if there is anything decent on C5 there seems to be 5 minutes of adverts every 10 minutes.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The only Talksport show worth listening to is when Danny Murphy is a guest pundit. He is very insightful and often tells the host presenters when they are talking nonsense.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The only Talksport show worth listening to is when Danny Murphy is a guest pundit. He is very insightful and often tells the host presenters when they are talking nonsense.

He's always good in his media work, quietly spoken, knowledgeable and cerebral. But does that get drowned out on TalkSport, by whoever the loud-mouth co-presenter is?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I was getting more and more stressed with 5Live between 7am and 8am firstly the number of females discussing Football,Cricket and even rugby,yes i know some do play these sports but the number of women who tune in to sports programs must be very few compared to male listeners,give them their own program by all means but hands off our programs, added to this the Formula 1 racing and the final straw was a description of the recent top Golf event giving details of each hole before play began.
Now with Talk Sport who have a string of Players,sports writers etc and well worth tuning in despite the adverts.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I was getting more and more stressed with 5Live between 7am and 8am firstly the number of females discussing Football,Cricket and even rugby,yes i know some do play these sports but the number of women who tune in to sports programs must be very few compared to male listeners,give them their own program by all means but hands off our programs, added to this the Formula 1 racing and the final straw was a description of the recent top Golf event giving details of each hole before play began.
Now with Talk Sport who have a string of Players,sports writers etc and well worth tuning in despite the adverts.

So long as Morgan has crept back under his rock then I might give it a go again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here