Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How different is your NSC persona from you in real life?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There have been a few threads recently where I and others have been left wondering if some of the posters are posting as themselves or whether they have developed a new persona either for a specific thread or, in some instances, for all their NSC musing.

So, do you take the opportunity to portray a totally different persona on here to your real life persona? If so, does the anonymity afforded by t'interweb allow you to express thoughts/opinions that you genuinely hold but feel unable to express in real life, or is it all a big wind up? Or....what?

For me, how I am here is pretty much exactly how I am in real life. I save my alter ego for WoW. :shrug:

EDIT: Oh, I'm a bit more sweary irl.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There are multiple knobs on here that post things here that they would never get away with in the 'real world'.
so yes, I'd say there are a few that alter their personas!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sometimes I like to give NSC a little piece of myself which nobody else sees.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There have been a few threads recently where I and others have been left wondering if some of the posters are posting as themselves or whether they have developed a new persona either for a specific thread or, in some instances, for all their NSC musing.

So, do you take the opportunity to portray a totally different persona on here to your real life persona? If so, does the anonymity afforded by t'interweb allow you to express thoughts/opinions that you genuinely hold but feel unable to express in real life, or is it all a big wind up? Or....what?

For me, how I am here is pretty much exactly how I am in real life. I save my alter ego for WoW. :shrug:

Care to divulge who/what these are?
The format of an online chatroom does lend itself to a more unpleasant approach, especially when you're speaking directly to your interlocutor and, even more so, you're doing so in the presence of others.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I hate cyclists in real life too..
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji592]

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Care to divulge who/what these are?

I started typing a reply listing generic thread types and stopped for two reasons. Firstly, I had got to six types of thread and had another two types in mind. This made me think that there isn't a specific genre of thread. Instead, it's all threads that create a strong dynamic tension between members. Secondly, if I listed specific threads, this could be interpreted as a dig at the posters on those threads, which would probably derail this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here