Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March For England cancel Brighton event

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
March for England has said they will not be coming to Brighton next year.

The controversial nationalist group has sparked large counter protests from antifascist organisations at its annual St George’s Day protest through the city in recent years.

But the group announced on its Facebook page this morning.

“It has been decided to now to alternate our St Georges Parade between Brighton and other venues, 2015 will be in the North at a Sea front location in talks now on location. 2016 will be back in welcoming seaside resort of Brighton.”

Tony Campbell, spokesman for the Stop the March For England group said they felt that they had made the decision because of the widespread opposition to the protest in the city.

In a statement Stop the March for England said: “We welcome the news that next year’s St George’s Day will not be marred by gangs of racist thugs marching in the streets of Brighton.
"This is a victory for a city that was prepared to come out and defend its reputation for tolerance and diversity.

"We will offer our support to anti racists in whichever city or town the March for England chooses to afflict next – if they change their minds then we are ready”

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good.

Don't need them or any violent anti-racists polluting our streets.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
In a statement Stop the March for England said: “We welcome the news that next year’s St George’s Day will not be marred by gangs of racist thugs marching in the streets of Brighton.

I welcome that, and I also welcome that we won't have smelly mothballed gangs of anti fascist thugs marching our streets causing trouble.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Good.

Don't need them or any violent anti-racists polluting our streets.

The violence I saw last year was by EDL...who made no attempt to hide their attendance.
I see people keep going on about the 'violent anti racists'...simple...no violent racists in Brighton, no violent anti racists in Brighton.

PS....the anti fascists I was stood near, didnt smell....
The 'MFE' people outside Weatherspoons, smelled of urine, and were generally rather grubby looking.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
While I don't like them or agree with them, I dislike even more anyone who tries to stop a [peaceful*] protest/march/rally.

We live in a democratic society and should take pride in the fact that a few disillusioned racists are allowed to make their political statement freely and openly whether you agree with the statement or not.

Ultimately, what is more fascist... a bunch of fat racists marching through the city ranting and waving flags or the self-named "anti-fascist" organisations trying to remove the right of freedom of speech from anyone who doesn't say what they want them to say?
The irony of this seems to be lost on some of the far left.

* I am aware that this particular lot don't have the greatest track record when it comes to "peaceful" marches, but it is the job of the Police to control them, not counter-protestors to remove their rights.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
They have a right to do what ever they want. Last time I looked we were a democratic country and everyone has the right to march, protest or is our freedom of speech being denied and becoming a dictatorship whereas only left wing loon views are allowed.

Don't see these left wing nerds coming out against muslim extremists or the muslim gang rapers. Maybe the left wing loons support it as they only show up to events to counter demonstrate those people are shocked and disgusted by the Muslims behaviour.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont see it as 'ironic' at all.
When the racists make their violent intent known, it is bound to attract anti racists.
The MFE intent was not for a peaceful march, but to bring violence if possible to Brighton.
It was made quite clear on here by a representative. See my signature.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The violence I saw last year was by EDL...who made no attempt to hide their attendance.
I see people keep going on about the 'violent anti racists'...simple...no violent racists in Brighton, no violent anti racists in Brighton.

PS....the anti fascists I was stood near, didnt smell....
The 'MFE' people outside Weatherspoons, smelled of urine, and were generally rather grubby looking.

The arrest figures that were released a while back from Sussex Police showed more antis arrested than MfE. Personally I think both groups are unwelcome violent thugs.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
While I don't like them or agree with them, I dislike even more anyone who tries to stop a [peaceful*] protest/march/rally.

We live in a democratic society and should take pride in the fact that a few disillusioned racists are allowed to make their political statement freely and openly whether you agree with the statement or not.

Ultimately, what is more fascist... a bunch of fat racists marching through the city ranting and waving flags or the self-named "anti-fascist" organisations trying to remove the right of freedom of speech from anyone who doesn't say what they want them to say?
The irony of this seems to be lost on some of the far left.

* I am aware that this particular lot don't have the greatest track record when it comes to "peaceful" marches, but it is the job of the Police to control them, not counter-protestors to remove their rights.

Everyone has a right to an opinion / demonstration until their expression of that right denies others their rights. This march has consistently prevented shop owners in Brighton from opening and regular visitors from going about their right to peacefully shop. Lets have less of these intellectual platitudes about the rights of those who are happy to provoke and engage in violent protests on an annual basis.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, the MFE are surrounded by ob for most of the day, so its no surprise the arrests would be among the antis.
I always love these moments (not directed at you ws), when apologists for the violent, racists of EDL, SEA, NWI, NEI who come to Brighton for the expressed reason
of creating violence in a city they see as 'communist'... blame everybody else for any trouble in the city.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I thought that they should combine it with the Children's parade and Pride and then we only have to close the streets for one day :thumbsup:

Childrens_Parade_2012_128.jpg
508236.jpg
1281288575-brighton-pride-2010_405851.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, the MFE are surrounded by ob for most of the day, so its no surprise the arrests would be among the antis.
I always love these moments, when apologists for the violent, racists of EDL, SEA, NWI, NEI who come to Brighton for the expressed reason
of creating violence in a city they see as 'communist'... blame everybody else for any trouble in the city.

Hmmmmm the only person who is apologising for anyone is you!

As others have pointed out the arrest figures would suggest your viewpoint could be a little bit blinkered.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I always love these moments (not directed at you ws), when apologists for the violent, racists of EDL, SEA, NWI, NEI who come to Brighton for the expressed reason

Maybe you should watch the Youtube video of four MfE drinking quietly at the Dorset Arms when all of a sudden a group of anti's ( all masked ) attacks them. Your left wing chums are as equally vile and odious as the right wing scum known as MfE.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you want violent racist gangs coming to Brighton for their march to 'celebrate their rights' to be violent racists, then good for you.
and again, the police generally have the racists under manners for most of their time in Brighton, so its not surprising there are not many arrests...in Brighton.
Theres quite a few going to prison next month for racist violence in other cities....they will join other violent racists who have already gone.

and WS...I saw 2 of the 'peaceful' Dorsetshire Arms people running down Dukes Street to attack people earlier in the day....and they were chanting EDL....even though
ive been assured by many here that its MFE and not EDL.

Simple fact...no violent racists coming to Brighton, to commit violence...no violent response.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If you want violent racist gangs coming to Brighton for their march to 'celebrate their rights' to be violent racists, then good for you.
and again, the police generally have the racists under manners for most of their time in Brighton, so its not surprising there are not many arrests...in Brighton.
Theres quite a few going to prison next month for racist violence in other cities....they will join other violent racists who have already gone.

No I don't want violent racist gangs coming to my home city. Equally I don't want violent leftie mask wearing gangs coming to my home city. Both are not welcome and both should stay the f**k away.

EDIT - for once I wish the police were more heavy handed. Horses, water, gas, dogs and batons would sort both sides out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Will there be 'leftie mask wearing gangs' if there are no racists coming to Brighton with the advertised intent of causing mayhem?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here