Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting in my office.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Listening to one **** waxing lyrical about Champions League football last night (Sussex born scouse plastic who has been to Anfield thee times about 20 years ago) to another on the end of the phone in another office(real scouse but hasn't been for about 20 years either). I also have a 20 odd year old Hove born Arsenal fan who encourages conversation about proper football, not the Mickey Mouse league Brighton play in.

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im sitting in my office, and looking out the window and see this young lady. All rational thought has left the building...

Attachments

• 1405956346564.jpg
    1405956346564.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,081

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Im sitting in my office, and looking out the window and see this young lady. All rational thought has left the building...

For once dave, I defer to your post. Outside my office window I have a warehouse with ugly men in it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Listening to one **** waxing lyrical about Champions League football last night (Sussex born scouse plastic who has been to Anfield thee times about 20 years ago) to another on the end of the phone in another office(real scouse but hasn't been for about 20 years either). I also have a 20 odd year old Hove born Arsenal fan who encourages conversation about proper football, not the Mickey Mouse league Brighton play in.

Plastic Scousers are the worst. If their fans think Liverpool are going on a 2005esque run in the Champions League this season they're going to be disappointed.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There's an Ipswich fan in my office.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Have a listen to Gary O'Reilly on this week's Roar then. :)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't rise to the bait. Just study football more than them and be prepared to ask them searching questions, such as...
1) How much blame do you lay at the door of Graeme Souness for Liverpool's failure to win the top division since 1990 ( just the 24 years and counting! )
2) Why have Liverpool not made more effort to increase their capacity from 44,000 or build new and increase revenue and ensure that their worldwide supporters get more chance of watching their club. They are operating at 25% less gates than when standing was in force and their capacity is over 40% less than their biggest rival. It is surely hampering their progression to try and be one of Europe's top clubs again.
3) Why do young and talented players like Daniel Sturridge not make more effort to be two-footed? Is it too much to ask of a highly paid international that he works a bit harder to improve his game or is it indicative of the lazy culture amongst current players?
4) Do Arsenal fans honestly believe they are getting value for money? They pay the highest prices in the PL but their trophy cabinet has been remarkably bare for a long time...and don't get fobbed off with last season...one FA Cup win in 9 years is a disgrace for a club of their size and aspiration.
5) Has any Arsenal fan stopped to consider the policy of Mr Wenger in recent years and what the real agenda is at Arsenal? Selling your best players to your rivals and not re-investing hardly smacks of ambition. It smacks of Mr Wenger being incentivised to make Arsenal cash rich first and foremost and success on the pitch as a secondary issue.
6) Why have Arsenal been so poor in Europe? No Champions League win and very few European trophies in their illustrious history.
...there are a few to be getting on with....I'm sure you can think of some more....just get under their skin a bit...rattle their cages...don't give them an easy ride....try and knock them out of their elitist mind-frame.
It'll make you feel a lot better. I do it all the time. If I see a Man.U shirt I ask...." whats that badge then?....and when their surprise has subsided and they have answered, I say...." Oh, I didn't recognise it...I thought it was Stockport County "

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Not a great start to the day. Still focus on the positives, at least you got past the tricky front door today, without any issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here