Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T American fridge freezer repairs

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Massively O/T but can anyone recommend an American style fridge freezer engineer?

My Samsung has gone on the blink. Fridge temperature reading 16 degrees. Yes the door is closed!

Any recommendations much appreciated

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
What model is it?
If it's an RS20 or RS21, check it's not on the safety recall list at samsung.co.uk/homevisit
Worst case scenario is the fridge evaporator is making too much ice due to a failure of the de-frost heating circuit and restricting the air flow.
Could be just an ice build up in one of the air vents or a seized baffle.
In this case, turning it off and back on is good advice, as long as you wait a good 72 hours with it switched off. (not very convenient if the appliance is full of food though)

Through experience, I would suggest that 90% of all problems in frost free appliances is an airflow blockage

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
What model is it?
If it's an RS20 or RS21, check it's not on the safety recall list at samsung.co.uk/homevisit
Worst case scenario is the fridge evaporator is making too much ice due to a failure of the de-frost heating circuit and restricting the air flow.
Could be just an ice build up in one of the air vents or a seized baffle.
In this case, turning it off and back on is good advice, as long as you wait a good 72 hours with it switched off. (not very convenient if the appliance is full of food though)

Through experience, I would suggest that 90% of all problems in frost free appliances is an airflow blockage

Thank you. It's an RS21

Will check the website you suggested

There is an ice build up inside the fridge. Temperature dropped to 15 but now 16 again

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Thank you. It's an RS21

Will check the website you suggested

There is an ice build up inside the fridge. Temperature dropped to 15 but now 16 again
The safety recall is all about the fridge evaporator, de-frost circuit and positioning of de-frost sensor. The work is free and will more than likely cure your problem.
Any more problems, gimme a shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here