Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Sturgeon

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would she have been put on the ducking stool in centuries gone by?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
images.jpg
Nicola Sturgeon

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Salmond and Sturgeon, a pair of dangerous wet fish. How anyone in their right mind can vote for Miss Piggy and her old man I have no idea. If the Scots vote yes, then they deserve what they get. If they vote no I suspect this pair will keep up their retoric and we will have another Ireland on our hands.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This is just Salmond in a power grab, to annoint himself Emporer with an undemocractic referendum...loaded in favour of a yes vote. Brits living abroad can still vote in the elections..So to help himself he made the rules that Scots not living in Scotland cannot vote...he then lowered the voting age to 16 to appeal to the young who can...most have no idea of what it envolves...it's just an appeal for patroism.
A German or any other foriegn student can vote if living in Scotland,who more and likely will go back home with a degree and couldn't care less about what shambles is left behind.
Scots are subsided by the UK,get free health prescriptions,free universities fees....I honestly see a disaster on the horizon...one which will be too late to rectify.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This is just Salmond in a power grab, to annoint himself Emporer with an undemocractic referendum...loaded in favour of a yes vote. Brits living abroad can still vote in the elections..So to help himself he made the rules that Scots not living in Scotland cannot vote...he then lowered the voting age to 16 to appeal to the young who can...most have no idea of what it envolves...it's just an appeal for patroism.
A German or any other foriegn student can vote if living in Scotland,who more and likely will go back home with a degree and couldn't care less about what shambles is left behind.
Scots are subsided by the UK,get free health prescriptions,free universities fees....I honestly see a disaster on the horizon...one which will be too late to rectify.

WOW SOTW, you do write some corkers !

The turn out for this referendum, os going to be MASSIVE, how much more democratic would you like it to be ?
As we are effectively subsidising the Scots, why is anybody South of the Border, bothering belatedly, to campaign for a no vote. Let them go and we save some money ? or is it just that they are trying to steal "our" oil ?
Are all 16 year olds, utterly clueless, or is this a specific Scottish affliction ?
What level of turn out would it need for German students, to be able to make a concerted effort to swing the vote ? I estimate it would have to be around 2%, what figure would you guess ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are all 16 year olds, utterly clueless, or is this a specific Scottish affliction ?

Sadly, when it comes to politics the answer is 95% yes, and that stands for all UK nationalities.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The biggest aspect of the loading is the fact that independence = yes, i.e. a positive answer, UK = no, a negative. This wording should never have been allowed by the UK Government. It should have been:

Would you like Scotland to remain part of the United Kingdom, or to become an independent country:

X United Kingdom
X Independent

or similar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
WOW SOTW, you do write some corkers !

The turn out for this referendum, os going to be MASSIVE, how much more democratic would you like it to be ?
As we are effectively subsidising the Scots, why is anybody South of the Border, bothering belatedly, to campaign for a no vote. Let them go and we save some money ? or is it just that they are trying to steal "our" oil ?
What level of turn out would it need for German students, to be able to make a concerted effort to swing the vote ? I estimate it would have to be around 2%, what figure would you guess ?

It's debatable whether we're subsidizing them or not. But it will cost us massively if they vote yes as huge amounts of time and money will be spent on "negotiating" i.e. sorting out the mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here