Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great entertainment this season

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So glad we are more entertaining this year. Under Gus we had entertaining plus results. Under Oscar we had results which I find entertaining. This season we have entertaining football and no results. Personally I don't find defeat or even most draws entertaining and I bet we shed another couple of thousand plastics on Saturday.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It wasn't entertaining under gus pal...was very boring negative football most of the time :)
Loving this football and unlike the previous two seasons it won't bore us to death :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It wasn't entertaining under gus pal...was very boring negative football most of the time :)
Loving this football and unlike the previous two seasons it won't bore us to death :)

Getting to the play-offs 'bores you to death'? wow

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Could not disagree more. Gus's football was sublime IMO.

Oscar was woeful, Sami is trying to do it with a bit of directness, happy to give him the time he needs,

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Personally I feel much better about this season than I have during the last two, despite results. I like this football better, and to be honest, I like Sami more than I did Gus and Oscar. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but his press conferences pre-game are really impressive, at least I think so.

In the long term things continue to look awesome/amazing, bad games happen, bad runs of games happen, people need to see the long game, we have a good, even great squad, and we are playing pretty well even if the results haven't gone our way.

Keep the faith.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Im sorry but I just don't understand how watching our players out of position, without a clue how to defend, and losing, entertaining in the slightest.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Could not disagree more. Gus's football was sublime IMO.

Oscar was woeful, Sami is trying to do it with a bit of directness, happy to give him the time he needs,
When you say sublime...You mean about 8 games out of 92 championship games right?
How many times did we play fantastic football away?

People remember the few sensational performance's but forget the many many dire bore fests under him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Personally I feel much better about this season than I have during the last two, despite results. I like this football better, and to be honest, I like Sami more than I did Gus and Oscar. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but his press conferences pre-game are really impressive, at least I think so.

In the long term things continue to look awesome/amazing, bad games happen, bad runs of games happen, people need to see the long game, we have a good, even great squad, and we are playing pretty well even if the results haven't gone our way.

Keep the faith.
This is how I feel, results aren't going our way but I still feel positive about the way we are playing and believe Sami will get better and the team will play better.

Sami is an impressive character, think we could have a gem if we give him our support.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Boring under Gus? I didn't hear any chants of "we're ****ing brilliant" tonight.

I would rather win 1-0 than lose entertainingly, not that I saw too much entertainment tonight unless you count hoofing it over the bar as entertaining.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im sorry but I just don't understand how watching our players out of position, without a clue how to defend, and losing, entertaining in the slightest.
Everyone loves to win,but unlike previous managers we have plenty of shots and look creative.Its 7 or so games in and so far im enjoying the end to end football even though results haven't gone our way.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When you say sublime...You mean about 8 games out of 92 championship games right?
How many times did we play fantastic football away?

People remember the few sensational performance's but forget the many many dire bore fests under him.

Controlling the game isn't a bore fest. Granted we were poor in a few games, but we played well in far more than eight

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Great entertainment this season

really?

All I saw tonight on the stream was hoof the ball forward,bad passing and shots that rugby players would be proud off.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Boring under Gus? I didn't hear any chants of "we're ****ing brilliant" tonight.

I would rather win 1-0 than lose entertainingly, not that I saw too much entertainment tonight unless you count hoofing it over the bar as entertaining.
You're getting mixed up with the league 1 season...the following season after promotion was dire and only our momentum got us 10th.If you like 1 goal a game and half a dozen shots then that's your opinion pal.

I'm telling you that gus's football was as boring as fack most of the time

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
this isn't about Gus or Oscar's teams though. This is about Hyypia's team being unable to control a game or keep a clean sheet.

As a neutral I'm sure Saturday was entertaining, as a Brighton fan however I was not entertained. More pissed off with our inability to keep the ball or defend the full back positions. From the stream tonight wasn't exactly entertaining either.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Controlling the game isn't a bore fest. Granted we were poor in a few games, but we played well in far more than eight
Controlling a game in your own half with zero penetration is bloody boring...The time we got in the other half the other side had 11 players back.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm sure the 500+ who travelled to Suffolk tonight were impressed with the entertainment on offer. Meanwhile those Watford fans who travelled to Blackpool to watch OG's 'unentertaining' brand of football are travelling home with 3 points in the bag. 'You do the math' as they say on American TV.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Plenty of time to improve - we all know we are likely to concede more this season with the formation we are now playing. We're still 2 points above the relegation zone and yet only 1 win from mid table so not too worried yet, but looking at the next few fixtures after Blackpool it's certainly not going to get any easier.

Sammi needs this season to settle into the job. Would expect us to be more fine tuned and pushing for the play offs next year.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You go through season 1 and 2 and see how many superb performances you drum up...Don't bother with away games as away performances were few and far between.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here