Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from tonight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well there are so many... I'll start with a couple of negatives:

Poor finishing cost us
We are too vulnerable & over exposed at the back - particularly down the wings if the midfielders don't go wide to cover defensively...

Positives...
We created more than them and they're a c good team. We went away & created plenty of chances. Id actually say we were the better team I honestly would! CMS & Baldock looked v good running the channels. Baldock's pace was surprising, altho he did take a poor touch to cause their first goal. Some of our passing moves are exceptional - the movement is the best it's been since the Amex era IMO.

Holla is a brilliant find & I can wait to see him Crofts & Stephens in the middle. Bruno and Benno actually did well considering how exposed they both were at times. All in all there's a lot of positives to take again here!

Sorry for the note form thread - I appreciate not everyone will agree with every point but I really feel we played well tonight away from home!

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Poor finishing cost us
We are too vulnerable & over exposed at the back - particularly down the wings if the midfielders don't go wide to cover defensively...

Positives...
We created more than them and they're a c good team. We went away & created plenty of chances. Id actually say we were the better team I honestly would! CMS & Baldock looked v good running the channels. Baldock's pace was surprising, altho he did take a poor touch to cause their first goal. Some of our passing moves are exceptional - the movement is the best it's been since the Amex era IMO.

Holla is a brilliant find & I can wait to see him Crofts & Stephens in the middle. Bruno and Benno actually did well considering how exposed they both were at times. All in all there's a lot of positives to take again here!

Sorry for the note form thread - I appreciate not everyone will agree with every post bit I really feel we played well tonight away from home!

Agree with the positives - we need to take our chances and not give away simple goals - easy as that. Sadly giving away goals has become something of a habit this season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We looked like a shambles at the back against a poor Ipswich side.

Only positives are Danny holla, and the fact that no one was injured.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We created but did not score,you can create many chances but that is no good if they are not converted. Other teams seem to convert there's ok

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Holla is a brilliant find & I can wait to see him Crofts & Stephens in the middle.

The problem is one of them will be covering left back while the other covers right back leaving the third over run in the middle.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We could have edged it all the way up to 60 minutes. Then we made a tactical error. Hopefully we'll learn and move on.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Poor finishing cost us

It doesnt matter how many positives you ever find these two negatives will mean you don't win football matches!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Positives from tonight - tonight we are complicit in continuing to propagate the number one myth in football - that Mick McCarthy is a competent football manager, and that is very depressing. The less said about Judas Terry Connor the better!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It doesnt matter how many positives you ever find these two negatives will mean you don't win football matches!

That's a very good point Dan - and one Hyypia & Jones will be well aware of. I think we were particularly unlucky tonight but do need to tighten up at the back. The result won't cloud my view of the performance though, which I thought was v good (on the stream...)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It wasn't a really boring and tedious 0-1 victory.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought Rohan Ince and Holla played well. Holla and Dunk close again from a corner. Quite how nobody has stopped JFC from EVER taking a corner again is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here