Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Competition needed for Stockdale!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
We seem to have serious competition for every position apart from the very important position of keeper? Stockdale it seems will play no matter what! This cannot be good! I`m not convinced, and from what i have seen so far,Henderson at Charlton looks like the better signing! Hope i am proved wrong!!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I've not been blown away by Stockdale yet, and I'm not rating him highly, but to suggest he was poor today is unfair. He did make some good saves and a lot of keepers would've been caught out by the second goal too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Stockdale had his best game for us tonight........... until the goal.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Actually, apart from letting in that 2nd goal, Stockdale had a decent game tonight.

He didn't have much to do in the 1st half, but stayed focused and did very well when he came out of his goal on one occasion, made a couple of good catches, and his distribution was very good. I was delighted in the 2nd half when he made that first brilliant save and then the second; even the first Ipswich goal didn't change my overall positive feeling about David's performance; unfortunately, then came that second goal and obviously it must have influenced most people's opinion on our keeper's performance (but I still think he had a better game tonight than against Brentford).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Keepers make mistakes, it's hardly breaking news. Mignolet made a cock up tonight too, but fortunately for him his team mates are able to score. It makes no difference that we conceded a second goal as we never scored a first goal. IMO Baldock, CMS and the other attackers/forwards should be getting some stick. How many goals have come from our strikers this season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Getting somewhat concerned by Stockdale now. Second goal was not a goal a Championship - potentially Premier League - keeper should be conceding. Really not good enough I'm afraid - so far.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Getting somewhat concerned by Stockdale now. Second goal was not a goal a Championship - potentially Premier League - keeper should be conceding. Really not good enough I'm afraid - so far.

Not concerned where the goals are coming from then? I simply do not get this keeper slating when our 'forwards' do not score.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Not concerned where the goals are coming from then?

Erm, yes, very, I had a blazing row where I was slated by about 30+ people for stating that exact point. Would you like me to bump the thread?

Doesn't change the point I made in my post, on a completely different subject?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Erm, yes, very, I had a blazing row where I was slated by about 30+ people for stating that exact point. Would you like me to bump the thread?

Doesn't change the point I made in my post, on a completely different subject?

Personally I have less reservations regarding our goalkeeper than I do with numerous other positions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here