Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - how do I buy a new NEW car quickly?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Looking for some advice... had a company car for many years, but am potentially leaving said company at short notice (nothing confirmed, but positive for me!) and so will have to hand the car back. SO, anyone know what the options are if I want to get a new car at the same short notice to replace the company car?

I mean a new NEW car, so obviously want to avoid long lead times. Before anyone says buy second hand, I'm obviously aware of that option, but have always been fortunate enough to have new cars so want to ideally stick to that.

I am assuming that there must be a lease company out there that can source new cars at short notice as long as I'm not too fussy with regards spec etc? Thinking of Audi Q5 or Volvo XC60.

Thanks for any help you can offer a car buying dullard.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine you need to identify what car you want and then investigate who offers the best deal and has the car in stock? Can it be that simple?

I should think run out models that have just been replaced with a newer model will offer the best value, if you are not set on having the newest model.

I have no idea I have never bought a new car

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only advice i have is that you don't have to follow the latest trend for really UGLY cars. Hope this helps.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dealers near month end I'd think and based on my experience - will always have sales targets to hit and stock to move on if you're flexible on detail.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Went hunting for a Q5, ended up test driving a 3 litre and was smitten. Looks so nice and drives amazingly. Actually got talked into he sq5....not very hard and pick it up on Saturday but mine is 6m old!! Other similar cars to consider based on your choices would be BMW X3, Porsche Macan, Porsche Cayenne, Range rover Evoque and VW Tiguan. Have fun test driving and might find that some can be fairly quick new if you aren't too picky on colour / trim. Several dealers talk about cars coming in pre specc'd that are essentially ready to go so maybe just a week or 2 away

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Looking for some advice... had a company car for many years, but am potentially leaving said company at short notice (nothing confirmed, but positive for me!) and so will have to hand the car back. SO, anyone know what the options are if I want to get a new car at the same short notice to replace the company car?

I mean a new NEW car, so obviously want to avoid long lead times. Before anyone says buy second hand, I'm obviously aware of that option, but have always been fortunate enough to have new cars so want to ideally stick to that.

I am assuming that there must be a lease company out there that can source new cars at short notice as long as I'm not too fussy with regards spec etc? Thinking of Audi Q5 or Volvo XC60.

Thanks for any help you can offer a car buying dullard.

'14 plates sitting in the show-rooms should be sold with good deals i the next couple of weeks as the '65 plates come out.

Identify the Make/Model you want, then source the local show-rooms.
Dealers will bend over in a second when you come in asking to take a '14 plate away same-day.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
'14 plates sitting in the show-rooms should be sold with good deals i the next couple of weeks as the '65 plates come out.

Identify the Make/Model you want, then source the local show-rooms.
Dealers will bend over in a second when you come in asking to take a '14 plate away same-day.

64 plates are out already. 65 will be next year.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You go for the most popular colour with the least options added to it. If lucky a dealer may have one sat in the UK somewhere which can then be moved on to your local dealer.

The more individual you make the car the less chance of you getting it quickly, in reality, it will probably not be as quick as you want it to be. You could ask the dealer for a loan car in the meantime?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
arthurdaley460.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shouldn't be that hard. I got a brand new A4 from Caffyns in Worthing in March in 10 days from deposit to delivery. I knew I wanted an A4 SE Technik , in black or white. There was 1 left in the country in Birmingham unregistered, and I let them negotiate with the dealer for it, and they managed it. So it can be done, you will just have to be flexible around colour and spec.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I don't quite understand. Do you want to BUY or LEASE? The last part of your post confuses me slightly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here