Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade on borrowed time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw Slade in Flame, is " Slade on Borrowed Time " the long awaited sequel ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Punching last season! Doesn't deserve this though!

Not really, he has good stats for League 1
2009-10: 17th (only in charge for final month)
2010-11: 7th
2011-12: 20th
2012-13: 7th
2013-14: 3rd (lost on penalties in play-off final to Rotherham)
Played: 240 Won: 102 Drawn: 61 Lost: 77

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He's had a few injury setbacks but does seem to grind out those results that are needed, very consistently too. They'll be mad to let him go!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
He is the fourth longest serving Manager in the Football League.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He was doing a great job, until the last six games.

The hiring and firing of football managers is completely irrational. It's as if chairmen treat the manager as the ONLY variable when it comes to form.

Quite.
Is there any other industry where the senior manager carries the can all the time? Players lose form for weeks, months or even whole seasons and yet, they are still paid vast sums of money for complete underachievement. It defies belief. You couldn't make it up.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I saw Slade in Flame, is " Slade on Borrowed Time " the long awaited sequel ?

Yup, I saw the thread title and immediately worried Noddy's ticker had given out :dunce:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Quite.
Is there any other industry where the senior manager carries the can all the time? Players lose form for weeks, months or even whole seasons and yet, they are still paid vast sums of money for complete underachievement. It defies belief. You couldn't make it up.

It's a weird state of affairs when the employer (club) is essentially unable to take any action against an entire set of under-performing employees (players).

Sure, the chairman could support his manager and state that the players haven't been giving it their all, except that will likely result in a monumental sulk, a transfer request and an asset being offloaded at a loss just to shut them up...I wish I were a footballer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would love to see him lead a team out at the Amex and rightly take the ovation he deserves.
Top bloke, but it seems to go wrong when he gets a few ££ to spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here