Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you died before?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Any good people on NSC who have official died and been brought back to life?

If so did you have an out of body experience? Did you see a tunnel of white light?

Or was there nothing and you just came round?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Any good people on NSC who have official died and been brought back to life?

If so did you have an out of body experience? Did you see a tunnel of white light?

Or was there nothing and you just came round?

I haven't died personally but was an A&E nurse so heard more than one patient recount a NDE. Some very peculiar but always the same sort of format.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh good thread! I have no such experience but will look forward to reading about other people's.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think if you've officially died then you don't get brought back to life. At least, not unless the doctor has made a grave error in certificating your death :-/

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently my heart stopped briefly when I was 10 or 11.

I just remember everything going dark then waking up again soon after passing out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've died of embarrassment many times, but I suppose that's not quite officially dead is it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I haven't died personally but was an A&E nurse so heard more than one patient recount a NDE. Some very peculiar but always the same sort of format.

I remember reading about some hospitals taking part in a study by put objects in odd places to see if people would ref to them in out of body experiences!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Around 17-18 years ago I was being electrocuted whilst working in a basement of a large office block. I went to remove some metal trunking lid (lid of a metal boxing which holds cables) unknown to me the trunking was live. I tried to remove the lid with two hands and the current literally stuck me to the lid. Whilst being shocked all I could remember was my life reversing very fast almost like a black and white movie. Now for the strangest thing I had almost rewound to the point of me being born when someone had heard me screaming and managed to somehow remove me from the trunking.

I firmly believe if I had not been rescued and I had got to the point my original birth I would of died.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At least four times. 1. Went down like a sack of potatoes whilst Skiing. ( Broken humerus and torn rotator cuff, serious pain.)
2. The car park at Bournemouth FC. I was sitting down and it takes so long to get out I had fully recovered by the time it came to drive home! ( Doesn't bare thinking about.)
3. Another fall but this time on to my face. This helps you recover quickly, so having removed my glasses which were embedded in my face and staunched the flow of blood, I was able to drive Jnr Skipper to his school bus stop.
4. Shortly after #3 whilst sitting wired up in a Hospital bed in Southampton General Hospital's excellent Cardiac department. ( It was very interesting to watch the monitor flat line and then after 12 seconds, a beat, after another 4 or 5 another beat and then slowly back up to 50 after about half an hour.)
So....... What have we learned. You don't seem to pass out unless you are standing up On the occasions when you do pass out I didn't see any white lights or look down upon my recumbent body or take up pottery with my girlfriend. If I had one.
I hope and presume it will not happen again, whilst I have my Pacemaker fitted, unless the battery goes flat, and the Hospital keep a close eye on that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had a cardiac arrest in my sleep, 7 years ago. Thankfully my wife woke up, and called my two sons in to lift me onto the floor to do cpr, in doing so they dropped me and the bump restarted my heart. I was dead for a couple of minutes, and it is very very black, no white light, no Granny beckoning me into heaven. When I completely came round, I felt like I had the worst hangover in the world, headache, sick, etc but although there was no Angels, at least there was no blokes with tails and horns

I've had 35 cardiac arrests now, but I haven't died again

Thank you NHS

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I didn't die but I had an NDE once.

It was great, they are waiting for us.

:mad:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't there a programme on about dying, with professor Robert winston, who followed people in their last moments, so to speak. Seemly the tunnel sensation was where the brain focused on keeping what it had left on trying to push all electrical impulses into the front cortex to keep life going. Or something inexplicable like that.

Sounded plausible at the time...now I am not so sure :blush:

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I had a cardiac arrest in my sleep, 7 years ago. Thankfully my wife woke up, and called my two sons in to lift me onto the floor to do cpr, in doing so they dropped me and the bump restarted my heart. I was dead for a couple of minutes, and it is very very black, no white light, no Granny beckoning me into heaven. When I completely came round, I felt like I had the worst hangover in the world, headache, sick, etc but although there was no Angels, at least there was no blokes with tails and horns

I've had 35 cardiac arrests now, but I haven't died again

Thank you NHS

this is a quality story... best so far :thumsup:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

Attachments

• OutOfBody.gif
    OutOfBody.gif
    64.9 KB · Views: 495

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports