Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Flumes King Alfred.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just had a conversation with spomeone at work who didnt remember these bad boys.

Now obviously they were a bit crap for Adults, however I'm sure many still had fun taking their kids.

But I proper used to love a go on the flumes. From memory you had the Yellow, Blue and Black flumes.

The yellow: One for young kids, used to just go round in a spiral, would avoid it, but was always good for stopping yourself and meeting your mates half way down.

The Blue: A big dip straight from the start pretty good ride.

The 'Black hole': This was the bad boy, for over 7's only two dips and a lot quicker than the other two, would always be abusing to try and stop before the dips and wait for someone to clatter into you.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Twister (yellow), the Aquajet (blue) and the black hole (black).

Why don't these exist anywhere anymore. They were awesome! I want to take my kids but can't find any.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
64215510_b05872a6e5_z.jpg

2573572080_58389c434d_z.jpg

2144541584_4d5d714665_z.jpg

king_alfred_centre_aerial.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The black hole was amazing!

It's strange how vividly I remember the feeling of those soft foam mats you had to slide down on.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not forgetting the trudge back up the spiral staircase to get back up. Happy Days.

As a kid a soaking wet mat, bigger than yourself was quite an effort, add to that tip toeing everywhere as you didnt want to commit your full foot to the rancid floors and the rusting staircase.

still as rank as they were never had more fun for an hour or so on the flumes with a couple of friends.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Black Hole was the transition from boy to man.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Also, remember getting a collection of every coloured band I could get my hands on in the hope that one day that same colour would be used again and I could get free access to the promised land!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Haven't they also removed the diving boards at Prince Regents?

Anyone remember Megazone too?

What have the youth got in Brighton now?

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Brilliant memories. The combination of chlorine and steam used to sting your eyes as you ran up the staircase for yet another go on the Blue or Black! Then afterwards into the restaurant for a coke and a handful of sugar cubes to get the energy levels on overdrive! Also remember the plant pots on the balcony had these little marble sized synthetic balls which were excellent for lobbing at unsuspecting bathers in the pool below. They floated too....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The black Hole was a beast!! Anyone going down there was HARD!

I also vaguely remember the Sat'dee poolside disco they put on, always seem to play Jackie Wilson (She's so fine) :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Meow meow.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

The Megazone and the bowling alleys underneath were a fond memory of being a kid, never have enjoyed the bowlplex I always used to enjoy the spit and sawdust of the place and adding your own scores up. Plus I dont remember there being as many chavs around acting like dickheads.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here