Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-1913605_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 15th September 2014
by Adam Tighe
We went there to get the three points but to concede three goals, we are more than disappointed because we had the chances to win the match."
Gordon Greer

Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Gordon Greer bemoaned how open Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Brentford was and he is looking for defensive improvements going forward.The Scotland international was confident the Seagulls could enforce their own style on their hosts, but was disappointed to concede three times.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We went there to get the three points but to concede three goals, we are more than disappointed because we had the chances to win the match.
“It was a very open game with both teams set up with counter-attacking formations, but we’re disappointed with the goals we’ve conceded and I thought we should have scored a couple more.
“It was entertaining for the fans but it was too open for us as a team. We gave it everything and although we felt we deserved something from the game, it wasn’t to be.
“We knew Brentford were an attacking team and we thought we could impose ourselves on them, which made for an interesting game, but from a defender’s point of view, we were far too open at times and we’ll be working on correcting that. It's a work in progress.
“We’ve just got to pick ourselves up. We’ve got such a long way to go in the season, with games Tuesday-Saturday. We’re disappointed because we came here to win, but we’ll take the positives from the game, work on the negatives and move on."
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Greer also felt his second goal on the stroke of half-time should have counted. He added, “My second goal should have stood. There was a foul on Lewis Dunk so we’re disappointed but hopefully we’ll get a good decision go our way on Tuesday."Albion could have gone down to ten men when Andre Gray went down under a challenge from Dunk. Referee Stephen Martin showed leniency, which was the correct decision according to Greer.
"I thought the guy’s played for it but I’m going to stick up for Dunky, he’s my team-mate. I thought he dives and the ball was going back to the goalie anyway. He’s got Dunky booked but I’m pleased it wasn’t a sending off."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h] saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h] TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h] saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here