Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away games at the Amex?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Wasn't it a Football League trial rather than an Albion one? I'd imagine that there will be more in the future but not in time for this week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't it a Football League trial rather than an Albion one? I'd imagine that there will be more in the future but not in time for this week.

I don't believe it's a trial, I believe it's "live" now, with it being down to the clubs involved...

“It will be up to the clubs involved in each match to determine whether it can be broadcast in this way and I would largely expect to see them entering into such arrangements in instances where they are playing a significant distance away from home during midweek or at matches where the away allocation is likely to sell out.”

With no announcement about Ipswich yet though, I'd imagine it's already too late to generate the ticket sales required.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it was to do with the installation of new networking hardware that allows it to be done on a closed circuit, to be introduced at all (championship?) clubs, ours was one of the first to be installed I think is what I heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here