Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beesotted

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Having consumed a few beers outside The Griffin yesterday I mistakenly bought a copy of the Brentford Fanzine Beesotted thinking it was an official programme. (In my defence it is a full colour shiny page effort and cost a wacking £2.50). Been reading bits today and I have to congratulate the editor and writers on a very entertaining publication. Articles about their new ground brought back memories of Falmer For All and the wilderness years. An amusing section too on your typical football fan and away days in the championship. I think I am right in saying we don't have a fanzine at the moment. Hopefully that will be rectified very soon.

beesotted

Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for the big ups [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] ... Being consigned to Division 3 for most of the past 30 odd years, this is lofty heights for us .. and we have learned to enjoy football life in and around what happens on the pitch (as more often than not, we get disappointed). We enjoy (and encourage) good banter with away fans .. yes we take the p!ss ... quite a lot (Orient fans take it quite badly thought ... especially the when we the fanzine very childishly made up 10,000 FA Cups with Russell Slades head on it ... and handed them out last game of the season ... all because he 'complained' that we all 'celebrated like we won the cup' after we beat the 1-0 at their place with 10 men .. which all but guaranteed ourselves promotion) ... and love the olde needle .. but thats part of football .. Wigan seems to be our latest needle club .... long story ...

SLADE VIDEO: http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=12248 ....
Pix: http://beesotted.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/14022487567_3a803ef39a_o.jpg ....
http://beesotted.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/14208941184_ce92578aa1_o.jpg

But we didn't come on here to talk about the rise (and looks like the fall) of Russell Slade (lose against Notts County Tuesday and he's off) ... just wanted to say, Brighton fans were well friendly ... good value ... just like Preston fans .. as were Rotherham fans when they come down to our place ... we've had visits from other teams from the South Coast over the past few years (no names mentioned) and one of them in particular quite literally took the p!ss ... football .. banter .. humour ... needle .. all that is all good .. we do it all the time .. but some idiots go too far ... what exactly is one going to do with a crossbar in your living room anyway????

If you didn't get a chance to catch our video from the match, catch it here ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPpDnuFLUEQ

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=13050

we have done a video for every single match pretty much for the last 2 seasons now .. we normally interview more home and away fans both before and after the match but this week we were struggling with too many things going on ... so its relatively short compared to most ... We were scared at the eginning of the match .. you looked quality on the attack and we were cowering ... once we got our tails up, we impressed ourselves to be honest ...

Good luck for the rest of the season ... we're realistic ... playoffs is probably too much for us .. just to be able to compete we're happy with .... we would have said if you do get to the playoffs please make sure you beat F@lham ... but don't think that's gonna happen ....

A quick signing out .. check out this Preston game video last season ... when Preston fans come down for Gentry day all dressed up in bowler hats in respect for Sir Tom Finney .. before the match in The Globe pub ... they were quality ... and after the match, the Bees players, manager and owner are all drinking at The Griffin pub .... happy days ... we hope we stay small (in a positive way of course) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKqPNLc2lk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can you explain why lots of your fans were so excited when our team bus arrived and why they were so keen to get OUR players autographs and photos with them, especially when Sami got off the bus, the were fans with Liverpool photos wanting him to sign them. All seemed a bit like it was your cup final on Saturday.

beesotted

Sep 11, 2014
Can you explain why lots of your fans were so excited when our team bus arrived and why they were so keen to get OUR players autographs and photos with them, especially when Sami got off the bus, the were fans with Liverpool photos wanting him to sign them. All seemed a bit like it was your cup final on Saturday.

Absolutely no idea. Most of us were in the pub. The game Saturday certainly wasn't our cup final ... not in the slightest. After having teams like Chelsea coming down last few seasons and having two straight seasons of promotion and near promotion madness, we're slowly getting used to having more exciting games down at Griffin Park. Leeds next Saturday home game would have been more exciting if we hadn't played them a few seasons ago. Trying not to say it .. but if there is such thing as a cup final in this division for us it has to be F@lham in November ...

With Sami .. there is one hardcore Brentford fan who works for the club (travels home and away) who also very likes Liverpool .. and we know a few other Bees fans who see Liverpool as their second (not first we have to say) team ... maybe they all mobbed up ... in 30 odd years we've hardly seen the team bus arrive as always in the boozer ... but on the few occasions we've been passing the ground when it does pull it, its always away fans who have been waiting outside the ground for 1/2 an hour to pat the players on the back .... especially when we played Celtic a few seasons ago ... they were a bit .... er ... excitable is probably the best way to describe them (others would say potty, drunk from 6am, completely bonkers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8DBwpzfn48

Was good to have Brighton down yes .. but no cup final Im afraid lads n lasses .. just a good day out with a lively set of fans ...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't expect you and your fellow normal fans to see it as your cup final, I just happened to be passing when the bus arrived so stayed and watched and some of your fans did seem to get a bit excited. I suppose its also possible that there are some "trainspotter" Liverpool fans in and around your area who got their old Liverpool books and posters out to try and get Sami to sign and have nothing to do with you or us. It was quite bizarre.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
"The game Saturday certainly wasn't our cup final ... not in the slightest. After having teams like Chelsea coming down last few seasons and having two straight seasons of promotion and near promotion madness, we're slowly getting used to having more exciting games down at Griffin Park. Leeds next Saturday home game would have been more exciting if we hadn't played them a few seasons ago."

Saw that game against Leeds, at the time they had a really talented side, Becchio, Snodgrass, Howson and Jermaine Beckford up front. We kept em out thanks to probably the best save I have ever seen at a football game, Beckford got the ball in the penalty area and did a low curler into the far corner. Luckily Czesny (on loan from the Arse) saw it and finger-tipped it onto the post and away. Fantastic.

I can't believe that Leeds side took so long to get out of the third tier. Hope Bees this season can stay up for the first time in - what - 50-60 years.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

To be fair I've seen that at the Amex as well - mainly kids but a few anoraks as well who get all wet in the gusset at seeing someone like Nat Chalobah or Kevin Nolan scurry into the waiting team coach.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here