Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can chicksen or bennett play at right back

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
maybe we could give one of them a go at RB and one at LB. They may cope with being wingers and defenders better as they are younger

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Playing natural left footed defenders at rb? Really?

Was commonly done by Liverpool last season, results were mixed. Brighton do need to bring in a younger right back in one of the next two windows, only a matter of time before the legs of Bruno and Calderon go and if the tactics is for the full backs to push on, you need them to have pace.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not even a decent argument as he could play well with both feet.

Plus he didn't play against this calibre of opposition either. Chickson and Bennett look totally left footed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difference with Watson is he could use his right Chicksen and Bennett do as well but only to stand on to get their balance not to kick with. Ironically Watson looked poor when tried at Left Back.

Pete64

Aug 6, 2014
The difference with Watson is he could use his right Chicksen and Bennett do as well but only to stand on to get their balance not to kick with. Ironically Watson looked poor when tried at Left Back.

Chicksen played a whole season at mkdons at right back. Can use both feet.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Oi stop nicking my replies.......see post 6

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
maybe we could give one of them a go at RB and one at LB. They may cope with being wingers and defenders better as they are younger

Glad someone has said that.
I have been thinking why not play a old fashioned left back, and Chicksen as left midfield bombing down the wing. Question is he strong enough? Well too be honest he is fiesty in the tackle and certainly has an engine, may need to be educated postionally.
When chicksen was playing had a tough time on here and most were calling out for a 1st choice left back, well we now have Bennett and not that impressed. No better than chicksen has been.
Where is Bennett better than Chicksen? - other than having premier league experience. Certainly is not getting the ball in the full back berth and running and beating his opposing full back down the flack, like bridge or Ward would to some extent.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
It's an idea, but at the moment the bigger issue for me is whether Bennett can actually defend.

I agree, do you think Chicksen was any worse, before he was completely dropped (in my eyes - unjust) Because Bennett was this premier player, i think we all thought he would defend as a full firstly should.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree, do you think Chicksen was any worse, before he was completely dropped (in my eyes - unjust) Because Bennett was this premier player, i think we all thought he would defend as a full firstly should.

Was saying this earlier. Bennett was great against Bolton, but in his last 2, he has not offered anymore than Chicksen.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Was saying this earlier. Bennett was great against Bolton, but in his last 2, he has not offered anymore than Chicksen.

Yep - same goes for Gardener versus Ince - Gardener very casual on his debut, and appears to (at the mo) not be any better than Ince is. Albeit Ince had a rocky few games and was dropped.
Few more games and we can then really see if these so called premier players have better abilities than some of our players in similiar positions.
Makes me wonder where Chicksen figures in Sami's plans with either bruno or calds being the bench back up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep - same goes for Gardener versus Ince - Gardener very casual on his debut, and appears to (at the mo) not be any better than Ince is. Albeit Ince had a rocky few games and was dropped.
Few more games and we can then really see if these so called premier players have better abilities than some of our players in similiar positions.
Makes me wonder where Chicksen figures in Sami's plans with either bruno or calds being the bench back up.

Would be better with Crofts in the middle instead of Gardner. For the system we play we need athletes...... Gardner is talented but his work rate is not quite there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here