Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Peters v St Peters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Light of Faith Tour - iunder the patronage of The Pontifical Council for Culture - presents a cricket match between St Peter's Cricket Club, Brighton and St Peter's Cricket Club, Vatican City this afternoon at Preston Park.

It's a T20 match which starts at 2.30pm, and entry is free.

And do you know what... I couldn't think of any puns or plays on words to describe such a fixture. The best I could come up with was wondering if Ricky Pontiff was playing... :(

Over to you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ian Bishop is coming out of retirement, as is the Hampshire bowler-Cardinal Connor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What odds can I get on a St Peters victory?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Matt Priory is keeping wicket.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Down with this sort of thing.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I opened this thread expecting it be about the rather iconic Crispian St Peters but it turns out to be a God's Hour cricket thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They seem to be having a grand old time down there, bless. Proper competitive cricket match. No prisoners taken. Helps that The Light of Faith Tour guys are Indian and take their cricket SERIOUSLY.

Not quite sure what the elderly nun from down my street (right of picture foreground) made of it all though. While I was taking this photo, the tannoy was blasting out (mid-over) the Theme From S-Express. Specifically 'I got the hots for YOU'. Further proof, should any be needed, that the devil gets ALL the best tunes. What were they THINKING?! :lol:

STP1.JPG

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They seem to be having a grand old time down there, bless. Proper competitive cricket match. No prisoners taken. Helps that The Light of Faith Tour guys are Indian and take their cricket SERIOUSLY.

Not quite sure what the elderly nun from down my street (right of picture foreground) made of it all though. While I was taking this photo, the tannoy was blasting out (mid-over) the Theme From S-Express. Specifically 'I got the hots for YOU'. Further proof, should any be needed, that the devil gets ALL the best tunes. What were they THINKING?! :lol:

View attachment 58613

I popped down for the second innings (I wanted to see some competitive cricket after seeing Sussex destroy the Lancs scum).

The music was very, very odd for two church teams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here