cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we will be very dangerous ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll need to get the defenders defending, as well.

Who'd have guessed football was this simple.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we had managed to keep Ulloa, I think he would have easily managed 30 goals this season with our new attacking style of play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we had managed to keep Ulloa, I think he would have easily managed 30 goals this season with our new attacking style of play.
If we hadn't sold Ulloa we probably wouldn't be able to afford the players that create our new attacking style of play.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we hadn't sold Ulloa we probably wouldn't be able to afford the players that create our new attacking style of play.

Seeing as we only paid a fee for Baldock, I would have hoped we would have been able to afford the rest of the players we've signed. Ulloa has been showing he belongs in the Premier League though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing as we only paid a fee for Baldock, I would have hoped we would have been able to afford the rest of the players we've signed. Ulloa has been showing he belongs in the Premier League though.
+ Stockdale & O'Grady.

Also I'd be very surprised if the wage bill hasn't gone up.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I really don't see a lot of difference between CMS and Baldock, we need a target man to hold the ball up and change the system if it's not working. Why have we signed O'Grady, surely he should have at the very least been on the bench at Brentford.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I believe we hit the post, had one disallowed, and one cleared off the line yesterday, as well as actually scoring two, so it looks like the creativity is there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep that's about the size of it....Going a goal down quiet often isn't helping :)
I thoroughly enjoyed the match yesterday and also loved the charlton match...The football is super entertaining and in time we'll get our rewards.
I wanted to be entertained and I'm being entertained :clap2:

Few pictures i took from by the dugout yesterday....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 637
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 631
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    853.7 KB · Views: 549

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
+ Stockdale & O'Grady.

Also I'd be very surprised if the wage bill hasn't gone up.

I meant attacking players we paid a fee for but I did forget about O'Grady (easily done). Most of the big earners have left so I would have thought the wage bill is significantly down from last season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No disrespect to newly promoted Brentford but if we can let in three goals against them and lose the game, it's clear that it's going to be a long, hard season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I meant attacking players we paid a fee for but I did forget about O'Grady (easily done). Most of the big earners have left so I would have thought the wage bill is significantly down from last season.

Would also think the wage bill has dropped from last season but that would be more to do with the drop in season ticket sales, can't spend what we don't have

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The simple answer is we must use the loan system to bring in another Ulloa type player either from within the uk, or as I keep saying from Eastern Europe where the wage levels and expectatiions are much lower.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The simple answer is we must use the loan system to bring in another Ulloa type player either from within the uk, or as I keep saying from Eastern Europe where the wage levels and expectatiions are much lower.
No the simple answer is for the midfield we currently have to play to the strengths of the forward line we currently have.

I wasn't at Brentford so I have no idea what the 'assist' pass was like.

But v Charlton it was too wide, too high, far too slow or just plain nonexistent.

We pinged the ball about until an imaginary 25 yard line then it all went to pieces.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
as I said they need to get scoring .............................and soon

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Last night our strikers were lightweight.
How many goals will CMS, Baldock and Colunga get between them this season. 10? 20....I doubt it.
Yet it was reported that Brentford outbid us for the dangerous Odubajo.
It seems there's something not quite right at the club and its scouting system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here