Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford United latest.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As much as I mocked their FA Cup loss to Ellistown and Ibstock Utd, this does make grim reading, even though they try to put a positive spin on everything. I can't help thinking this would have been us if it wasn't for a few things going our way. Still don't like them but some of the fans deserve better.

42 day stay of execution...

http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1903761.aspx

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I feel sorry for the vast majority of clubs getting into this position, most especially the fans, of course. But Hereford? Nah, sod 'em. :shrug:

Juan Albion

I feel sorry for the vast majority of clubs getting into this position, most especially the fans, of course. But Hereford? Nah, sod 'em. :shrug:

Then you might be pleased to know that they led their FA Cup tie 2-0 at half-time against a team from four tiers below them but gave up three in the second half. The first reply by E&IU came when a Hereford player thought he'd been fouled in his own box and picked up the ball. Except the ref hadn't given the foul - penalty! Hereford got a penalty of their own in the dying seconds but what turned out to be the last kick of the game was saved.

They would have got £3000 for a win, which isn't a lot these days, but it would really have helped Hereford. They totally blew it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's part of our history Peter Ward scoring his first Brighton goal and Wardy should have had a penalty and the game we stayed in the league I was at both games so have mixed feelings.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it wasn't for Hereford being so rubbish we possibly wouldn't exist today. Most memorable 90 minutes of my Albion supporting life was at Edgar Street, part of our history and heritage, so I hope they survive.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
If it wasn't for Hereford being so rubbish we possibly wouldn't exist today. Most memorable 90 minutes of my Albion supporting life was at Edgar Street, part of our history and heritage, so I hope they survive.

Have to agree if not for Hereford in 97 and Doncaster in 98 we may not be here today so can't feel that happy for them to be in trouble of going out of business, how would we have felt in reverse.

Always sad to see any club in trouble as every club has loyal fans to who the club means everything.

A good read Clubs in Crisis Review of The Ultimate Drop

Available on Amazon

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope they survive because they are a football club with fans. It was also the most memorable 90 minutes of my Albion life.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have to say even it was Palarse i would stand side by side with them on anything like this.
money is the ruination of todays beautiful game.
Good luck Hereford !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it wasn't for Hereford going down and not ourselves , in all probability we would have gone bust , reformed as a phoenix club , working back up from Sunday League level and still groundsharing with Whitehawk playing in front of 500 fans.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Has everyone forgotten how they wanted us thrown out of the league? How they wanted to destroy us? Just me then. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Has everyone forgotten how they wanted us thrown out of the league? How they wanted to destroy us? Just me then. :shrug:

Were 'they' the current board?

Do you think it's fair to tar Brighton with the brush that Archer, Stanley and Bellotti used? Some (unenlightened) people still blame 'Brighton' for selling their ground, pocketing the money and ending up with nowhere to play. What went on nearly 20 years ago was firstly Hereford fighting for their own survival, and secondly nothing to do with those who are currently trying to run Hereford Utd.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Were 'they' the current board?

Do you think it's fair to tar Brighton with the brush that Archer, Stanley and Bellotti used? Some (unenlightened) people still blame 'Brighton' for selling their ground, pocketing the money and ending up with nowhere to play. What went on nearly 20 years ago was firstly Hereford fighting for their own survival, and secondly nothing to do with those who are currently trying to run Hereford Utd.

Don't try and confuse me with perfectly reasonable logic - this is football.

Do you not dislike Palace? But all that happened under Mullers back in the 70s & 80s, which is twice as long ago as the shenanigans with Hereford. Neither Palace nor we have the same ownership as when Mullers flicked them the V and threw the coins down; yet we still hate them. Don't we?

Same for Hereford. Sod 'em.

Juan Albion

If I read it right, the owners are trying to keep the original company going, rather than doing a Rangers and starting afresh. As great as that sounds (especially for the creditors), I'm not sure it is actually in their best interest. I think they've bitten off more that they can chew. The 'owner' did not pass the "fit and proper" test (how bad do you have to be to fail that!) but is still in the picture. They have just signed his son on loan from Swindon (where it is said he had no chance of getting in the team and was only signed by some suit connected to this Hereford guy). I hope they do go bust but a new club run by the fans rises from the ashes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't try and confuse me with perfectly reasonable logic - this is football.

Do you not dislike Palace? But all that happened under Mullers back in the 70s & 80s, which is twice as long ago as the shenanigans with Hereford. Neither Palace nor we have the same ownership as when Mullers flicked them the V and threw the coins down; yet we still hate them. Don't we?

Same for Hereford. Sod 'em.

Of course I hate Palace! But I wouldn't want them gone, I long for them to fall down the football ladder, and that we eventually sit way above them, and I hope they lose horribly every week, and their fans with all their displays, their singing, their ability to make an atmosphere in premier leagues games at shithurst, they can all **** off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

We would have done exactly the same under the circumstances and NSC would have been full of righteous indignation about the perceived injustice of it all.

I think it was Orient who were stirring things to a greater extent trying to get a greater points deduction following Ray Wilkins getting a boot up the bum in the 4-4 draw at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here