hyypia-l229-1912227_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:53 13th September 2014
by Adam Tighe
We need to learn how to be more patient and defend a little bit more compact"
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia has urged his side to tighten up at the back following the 3-2 defeat to Brentford at Griffin Park.The Brighton & Hove Albion manager believes once his team produce a more solid defensive line that it will enable them to produce the football they are capable of.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Football is 90 minutes so it doesn’t matter if you have a good opening 10 minutes. You concede, then you are chasing the game and it makes it more difficult.
“When you have to chase the game it’s not a great situation to be in and from our six league games so far I think the opposition has scored first in five of them."
sami-l229-1912232.jpg

He added, “That always makes it more difficult and I think today in the first half we were a little bit open with our defending and we need to learn how to be more patient and defend a little bit more compact - then when we get the ball we can play a little bit more football.
“That’s what we need to talk about and work on out on the training ground. In the forward movements we lost the ball a little bit too easily, giving the opposition the opportunity to counter-attack.
“Football is entertainment so if the fans had value for money I’m sure they can come here again next time but it doesn’t help me as we didn’t get anything from the game.
“It’s better that the next game comes fast as we have a chance to perform a bit better. We need to play better and play for the clean sheet, then we score two and we win.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Meanwhile Hyypia said Lewis Dunk was replaced at half-time to avoid the possibility of the defender being sent off, following his disputed first-half booking for bringing down Andre Gray when through on goal.“We changed things around a little bit at half time. We took Dunk off because the referee could have given him an easy yellow card because the earlier offence he made, a lot of referees would have shown a red card and we wanted to finish the game with 11 men.
“Sometimes the situation goes for you, sometimes against you, but we wouldn’t have protested too much if he had been given a red.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here