Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish Independence Campaigning

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Will it descend into violence before the vote?

Seems to be getting very passionate now!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Scuffles are inevitable, but they will get blown out of proportion by the media, depending on who the aggressors are (probably the pros).

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cameron should have abolished Alcohol duty for the week up to the vote, that would make a no vote more likely plus scotland could go into the Guinness book of records for the biggest punch up ever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Revolution, it's the only way.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cameron should have abolished Alcohol duty for the week up to the vote, that would make a no vote more likely plus scotland could go into the Guinness book of records for the biggest punch up ever.
And the most unintelligible opinionated chavs trying to get onto TV interviews!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The 'Yes' campaign has been riddled with anti-no violence and aggression. If it comes as a No (hope to God it does) then the Yes campaign will become violent, I have no doubt in that! Salmond wouldn't understand the true meaning of the word 'Democracy' if it were dressed in ribbons, bows and shiny new shoes.

5 days to save the UK.

TNBA

TTF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was thinking along these lines earlier today. What is needed is a large mandate one way or the other or this could rumble on for years. Passions have been raised on both sides and they keep being ramped up as the day approaches. I think anything less than a clear 60/40 either way will lead to bitter resentment on the part of the losing side, resentments that may fester for years and possibly lead to violence at some point.

I'm not expecting Scotland to be riven as Northern Ireland was during The Troubles as there lack of a religious sectarian edge to make it truly nasty, however I do feel this resentment, from either side of the vote if it is close, could lead to minor acts of insurrection and violence that could last for decades.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here