Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between this and the last 2 seasons

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Half an hour after a defeat. Where are all the "we're shite", "we're going down", "<insert random players name here> is crap" threads?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Cant understand that attitude. I want us to win failing that settle for draw. I dont want to see us lose by any score whether it be 1-0, 3-2 or 7-6. Strange attitude.

Not sure I agree. Going to football is for the entertainment. I'd watch us in Conference South if that is where we were. I am all for Hyppia trying to bring some excitement back. I think a lot of people feel the same after the past season or so.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Cant understand that attitude. I want us to win failing that settle for draw. I dont want to see us lose by any score whether it be 1-0, 3-2 or 7-6. Strange attitude.

Well everyone is different.

I go to football to be entertained.

I frequently left Falmer last season feeling anything but.

I really was close to giving up with it all, so bored was I. But this season I have a renewed vigour. Yes we've lost today, but we tucked away a couple of goals and played with intent.

In an ideal world we'd be tight at the back and ruthless going forward, brushing teams aside on our way to the title. That's not realistic though. So if it's a choice between being tight and playing for draws to try and sneak our way into the play offs again, OR getting a bit more gung ho and having a few high scoring games that sometimes go our way and at other times don't, with a mid table finish, then I'll take the latter right now.

We've done tight and boring, and I didn't like it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Problem is excitement along with losing will still result in lost fans. Not many teams get promotion with gung-ho football

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very encouraging that goals are being scored by Dunk and now Greer. Reaping rewards for far more positive play. Under Oscar they'd have struggled to make the halfway line.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
At least it was an exciting game. Don't feel too dejected having lost. Cracking atmosphere, at least in our end, and a good game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
At least it was an exciting game. Don't feel too dejected having lost. Cracking atmosphere, at least in our end, and a good game.

So if we finish bottom half (not saying we will mind) will you still be saying that?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Tactically really naive. We are going to get beaten by average teams and slaughtered by decent ones.

The only way that was a good game is if you were a neutral with little regard for quality.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Probably because there are no expectations this season. The drop in attendances reflects the general apathy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tactically really naive. We are going to get beaten by average teams and slaughtered by decent ones.

The only way that was a good game is if you were a neutral with little regard for quality.

Correct. Today was VERY scary at times. We cannot defend for shi.

They could have had 6 or 7.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We did have this after the first two matches this season.

Yes, there was something of a meltdown after the first two games. Equally vociferous were those shouting that all concerns were not allowed until September (i.e. when the transfer window closed). Perhaps that should be revised to October.....?

Yeh, alright - it's only one match................

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Today showed what proper wide men could do.
Lucky we didn't sign that Moses fella, would have been stuck on the bench then asked to play centrally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here