Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye First Capital Connect

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It is FCCs last day of operation today as tomorrow their franchise is taken over by Govia, who also operate Southern and Southeastern.

All former FCC services will be rebranded as "Thameslink" again. Southern and Thameslink will then merge in the near future.

Cant say many people will be sad about this, hopefully things start to improve quickly......until a Thameslink train fails on Monday morning screwing up most of Sussex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed, some of us have very early starts tomorrow morning checking the migration works correctly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't say I've ever noticed much of a difference in service between Southern and FCC ( both are pretty dire ) but at least the Southern rolling stock is of decent quality - hopefully they'll introduce it to FCC services as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't say I've ever noticed much of a difference in service between Southern and FCC ( both are pretty dire ) but at least the Southern rolling stock is of decent quality - hopefully they'll introduce it to FCC services as well.

That works well until it snows. Then the trains stop running in the following order:

1st to stop running (almost immediately the first flake falls) - Gatwick Express
2nd - Southern (shortly after the second flake falls)
3rd - FCC/Thameslink (continue to run their rudimentary box cars flashing and sparking like crazy through any amount of snow until Network Rail hoist the white flag)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Really annoying. The cheap FCC only tickets were just about the only thing on the line approaching value for money. I envisage even more child singles to Preston Park in the future for me.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

The older FCC stock is being withdrawn and replaced shortly. Same with Southern, they are also withdrawing the older stock, including the unsuitable Gatwick Express trains.

Probably apt that Thameslink tomorrow start with a bus replacement as well between Haywards Heath and Brighton.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I actually much prefer the fcc trains. The seats are more comfortable, you can open the window and they don't bounce around QUITE as much.

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
As someone that only uses the train at the weekend I couldn't care less about the quality, just the prices. FCC win hands down at that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a London bound commuter, I go out of my way where I can to avoid FCC trains (not always easy given I go in and out of London. Bridge unfortunately). Decrepit, uncomfortable, badly designed heaps of shite that are often cancelled at short notice. Goodbye and good riddance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FCC seats better? Come on try taking a seat opposite an occupied seat. and your legs are wrapped around your head. FCC seats are designed for children and adults from the 1700s when the average height was much smaller

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Govia has got to be one of the most appropriate names for a train operator.

"Go via replacement bus service due to over-running engineering works..."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This wouldn't happen in Germany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here