Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you watching the Tour of Britain?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Obviously assuming you are not going to Brentford.

I still can't decide.

I am thinking of riding to HH to watch them go through there, and then heading down to Brighton, but don't know if I can be arsed.

In Brighton...bottom of Bear Road could be good - they'll have to slow down for the narrow left turn, and then start climbing - you may even be able to pick out who's who.

Finishing Line - I assume this will have the added bonus of a big screen and commentary, but it will be rammed. I will probably end up here though.

Where are YOU watching?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I will probably go and watch it at the finishing line because I need to go the barbers and see the food festival stalls in New Road first.

I used to live near the top of Bear Road and really hated the walk up it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They're coming down Exceat, aren't they, they'll just be a blur. Or are you going on the hill on the Beachy Head side? Could be good there, if a bit limited for watching space.

Was meaning the hill between Exceat and Seaford but I guess it's only a bump really. Don't know if our legs are up to getting to East Dean!

D

Deleted member 22389

Obviously assuming you are not going to Brentford.

I still can't decide.

I am thinking of riding to HH to watch them go through there, and then heading down to Brighton, but don't know if I can be arsed.

In Brighton...bottom of Bear Road could be good - they'll have to slow down for the narrow left turn, and then start climbing - you may even be able to pick out who's who.

Finishing Line - I assume this will have the added bonus of a big screen and commentary, but it will be rammed. I will probably end up here though.

Where are YOU watching?

I'm going to take an easy ride to the Marina and see how far I can get before the crush starts. Your right it's going to be rammed. The bonus for cyclists today is the roads to Brighton will probably be a bit more quiet due to the closures. It's going to be a cycling a day, so I expect to see hundreds of cyclists out and about.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Was meaning the hill between Exceat and Seaford but I guess it's only a bump really. Don't know if our legs are up to getting to East Dean!

I would have thought that the hill out of Newhaven is longer and easier to watch from for you? They'll sprint up that hill from Friston Forest into Seaford!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Loads of room on Seaford seafront. Shame the pubs are no more though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sofa.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Was planning on walking upto the beacon and down a few turns. Reckon it'll be absolutely rammed?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would have thought that the hill out of Newhaven is longer and easier to watch from for you? They'll sprint up that hill from Friston Forest into Seaford!

They're not going up the hill out of Newhaven, they're going up the C7 which is pretty flat.

D

Deleted member 22389

They're not going up the hill out of Newhaven, they're going up the C7 which is pretty flat.

Change of plan, I might just cut through at the Farm in Peacehaven which takes you on to the C7. Will good be a good place to watch. OK it's going to fly past, but it beats the crowds. I will be back in time to listen to the match as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm going to take an easy ride to the Marina and see how far I can get before the crush starts. Your right it's going to be rammed. The bonus for cyclists today is the roads to Brighton will probably be a bit more quiet due to the closures. It's going to be a cycling a day, so I expect to see hundreds of cyclists out and about.

Made the mistake of of going to the Marina for Le Tour in 1996 and it was over in seconds. If they're going up Wilson's Ave it'd be worth it though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Made the mistake of of going to the Marina for Le Tour in 1996 and it was over in seconds. If they're going up Wilson's Ave it'd be worth it though.

Up Bear Road, down Wilson Avenue.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not going to the Marina now. Decided to head to the C7, from Peacehaven. Downhill to get there, Uphill coming back. So a bit of exercise in between, then back in time to listen to the footie.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I get a chance, I'll be watching it from part way up Bear Road as they'll inevitably be going slowly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here