Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rokery lights.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Hi all.

Just wondering if there is any gardeners on here as need some advise as I'm a novice but have gotten right into it now. I have cleared the rockery of horse mare or horse tail and have exposed the rockery and it is stunning and even the locals who pass by have congratulated me on the work I have done and love the rockery as it's big and has lovely old big stones.

I want to install lights for the evenings to make it stand out and show the beauty in the evenings. Has anyone on here have such lighting installed and if so I could do with some advise on what system you use. I have brought some stainless lighting for our front path which arrives next week so am excited on how my garden is progressing.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Don't understand the thread title but Mares Tail is a complete bar steward and so, if you think that you have got rid then be prepared to think again.
I had a major problem with this and did some research in terms of getting get rid of it. This weed can extend roots five metres or more below the surface so is likely to reappear even if you think it has been eradicated. The weed re-establishes itself if the 'above surface' growth is more than six inches or so. This is because it then regenerates but if it is cut down or dug out, it gets progressively weaker but, if the 'above ground' growth exceeds 6 inches or so, it reinvigorates the roots hence will continue to be a problem.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Don't understand the thread title but Mares Tail is a complete bar steward and so, if you think that you have got rid then be prepared to think again.
I had a major problem with this and did some research in terms of getting get rid of it. This weed can extend roots five metres or more below the surface so is likely to reappear even if you think it has been eradicated. The weed re-establishes itself if the 'above surface' growth is more than six inches or so. This is because it then regenerates but if it is cut down or dug out, it gets progressively weaker but, if the 'above ground' growth exceeds 6 inches or so, it reinvigorates the roots hence will continue to be a problem.

I've bought some Industrial whippet weed killer which you can't purchase in local stores like B&Q. Suppose to do a job on horse mare/tail. I've picked the weed out and must allow it to grow to at least 2 inches before applying. Best results are between the 1st of March through to the 30th of September.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
solar powered lights on a stick, available around town..

Don't think glow sticks will have much effect on this relentless weed. I've got a couple of bottles of Whippet so will persevere with tending the garden and picking the nasty little stems till it's the right time to apply the chemical. Anyway, my question was about rockery lights.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hi all.

Just wondering if there is any gardeners on here as need some advise as I'm a novice but have gotten right into it now. I have cleared the rockery of horse mare or horse tail and have exposed the rockery and it is stunning and even the locals who pass by have congratulated me on the work I have done and love the rockery as it's big and has lovely old big stones.

I want to install lights for the evenings to make it stand out and show the beauty in the evenings. Has anyone on here have such lighting installed and if so I could do with some advise on what system you use. I have brought some stainless lighting for our front path which arrives next week so am excited on how my garden is progressing.
I will install some fantastic garden lighting for you will even issue a cert for the installation £2K for cash when do I start? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
PM Jevs as he is the NSC resident gardening guru

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Armoured cable if connecting outside lights to the mains, otherwise you may find your spade lights up of its own accord when you dig it up later by mistake.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here