Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Printer ink cartridges

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Bought a nice A3 printer a while back.

Bought the Epson branded black ink cartridge for it for £24.

Looked on Amazon this morning for a cheaper deal and found a non-branded compatible version: £10 for 4 cartridges.

It's a no-brainer.

Why do brands try and rip you off? :angry:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Bought a nice A3 printer a while back.

Bought the Epson branded black ink cartridge for it for £24.

Looked on Amazon this morning for a cheaper deal and found a non-branded compatible version: £10 for 4 cartridges.

It's a no-brainer.

Why do brands try and rip you off? :angry:

Never mind the quality, feel the width (they would say !)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
£24 ............That's cheap for Leopard.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
A lot of the compatibles are very cheap for a reason, and speaking from considerable experience the cheapest ones are generally full of a generic black liquid, that gets put into many different types of cartridge, regardless of its suitability in regard to such factors as density, boiling point, and chemical composition.

There are a few compatible manufacturers who go to a lot of research to produce cartridges with inks that will replicate closely the branded ink, they tend to be considerably cheaper than branded ink, but they are not normally found at that sort of basement price.

I used "imitation" cartridges on an old Epson machine with no ill effects for many years until it gave up the ghost recently. There were no obvious effects on quality and the cartridges were a lot cheaper although they had a nasty habit of leaking over one's fingers when installing. I think I will give my new Brother printer (although a cheap'n'cheerful one) a while on the proper cartridges at least until it is out of gurantee!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I like Jet-tec for replacements, always good, no clogging, in fact no issues at all. At the higher end price wise of compatibles but still cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here