Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Paisley Has Died

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So that's one of the idiots in NI that did nothing but generate hatred gone - we can only hope Adams isn't far behind.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There might be one or two people at that funeral.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I always liked Mark Thomas the comedian's joke about how he would be scared of Ian Paisley whatever he was saying, even if it was just reading out his shopping list. He then did a perfect impression of Paisley shouting "ONE CAN OF TOMATTOES!"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I once stood next to him in a Gent's toilet. He was absolutely huge. Tall and broad, that is. Obviously.

That is all.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So that's one of the idiots in NI that did nothing but generate hatred gone - we can only hope Adams isn't far behind.

That's one way of looking at it but he represented te views of the majority in NI who wished, and still do, to remain part of the UK. You should not forget that he ended up as First Minister in the NI assembly working side-by-side with Sin Fein and getting on very well with Martin McGuinness. This is one of the most incredible things I have seen. Once Sin Fein has renounced violence he was prepared to accommodate them despite their political differences.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nearly as shouty as The Judge in the North Stand and away games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nearly as shouty as The Judge in the North Stand and away games.

I can imagine him bellowing out "Go Right, Go Right". Wouldn't be able to sing anything relating to a left footer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saw him once at Heathrow airport awaiting a flight, surrounded by four armed officers.

Whilst I was opposed to his politics, he was by all accounts a very fine constituency MP, and would do his best for ALL his constituents, regardless of their invisible friend background.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They don't make politicians like this any more.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very magnanimous message from Martin McGuinness:

[tweet]510395847298023424[/tweet]

Can't say I take any joy from the death of Rev Ian Paisley. When McGuinness goes, on the other hand, I'll be grinning like a w*nking Jap for months afterwards.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Whilst I would never take pleasure from anybody's passing I always thought he was one of the most bigoted people on the planet - regardless of which side of the argument he was on!

The peace process could have happened so much sooner without this man and others like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here