Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best idea yet on FFP

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The idea of clubs only being able to spend what they earn (or a certain amount more) is fine - but won't stuff like this -http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-set-to-rename-stadium-for-500m-in-mega-sponsorship-deal/ - blow the whole thing sky high?

There are rules that sponsorships must be a reasonable price or some such thing. The fact that this deal is more than Arsenal's seems pretty dodgy to me, so I suspect it'll be combed over by the Football League.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe if they change the name to 'Sensible Spending Guidelines' (or something equally rubbish) then good ol' 'Arry will understand that FFP doesn't exist to make things equal amongst teams...
A lot of my problem with FFP is the name. It is certainly not Fair Play.

If it were renamed Financial Rules To Stop Up And Coming Clubs With Decent Financial Backing Reaching The Premier League then so be it.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A lot of my problem with FFP is the name. It is certainly not Fair Play.

If it were renamed Financial Rules To Stop Up And Coming Clubs With Decent Financial Backing Reaching The Premier League then so be it.
Or, alternatively, how about something like 'Stop Overspending, Going Bankrupt And Blaming Everyone Else Plan'. That could then be shortened to something much snappier like 'SOGBABEEP'...say it out loud, really rolls off of the tongue.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like to think of it as the Club Loss Interger Total And Reasonable Investment Spend scheme.

:thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are rules that sponsorships must be a reasonable price or some such thing. The fact that this deal is more than Arsenal's seems pretty dodgy to me, so I suspect it'll be combed over by the Football League.
Oh gawd - if the word 'reasonable' is in there somewhere it'll be coach and horses time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here