Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look after your teeth folks!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I'm just out of the dentist, having just had a bad tooth removed.

Christ that was painful! Especially when he 'split my gum' and pushed it 'a little' so e could get more purchase on the tooth, which he had to cut into many small pieces ro get out. Even with 6 painkilling injections that was pain on a par with kidney stones I had a couple of years back.

I'm jut sat in my car waiting to come around a bit (with a gob full of bloody gauze) before driving home and then to work!

Moral of the story - eat less bad stuff, brush & floss more!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The most painful part is when they extract the cash from your wallet after butchering you.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Depends on the dentist Shirley?

Is-it-safe.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had my bottom row of teeth knocked out in a random attack 6 years ago, had trouble with them ever since, current bill £2600!

How the dental profession became one of the highest paid professions in this country has got to be the most massive scam of the last 30 years.

Where is the sodding market mechanism at work here? Can't we train a few more to bring the prices down?

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
I've recently had a tooth extraction (not yet completed after 2 visits!) & it's pretty medieval, the most painful part was the yanking of my jaw.

Dentist said it's easier if you have gum disease as they pop right out, if you don't it gets trickier & they have to go 'surgical' as she put it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When I was a kid my dentist, Dr Philip Sharp, was called "the butcher of Brighton" - a name of which he was immensely proud. I have had a morbid fear of dentists ever since!

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
last time I had a tooth out the anaesthetic didn't work properly the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh or eight time. this therefore led to extreme pain until he finally managed to hit the right spot and take it out pain free.

subsequently I was however left feeling very woozy for a couple of hours because of the ridiculous amount of anaesthetic put into me :lolol:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I've had 3 lower teeth removed in recent years and the last one was done by a foreign woman dentist, the first 2 were removed by a specalist dentist, and she just pulled the tooth out in 1 go with very little pain afterwards and a quick recovery afterwards. It does seem that some dentists are alot better than others.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gotta be honest if I could afford it I would definetely have all mine wrenched out and replaced with quality implants.
Problems over :clap2:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Once took 90 minutes for an extraction - the tooth had grown sideways and the root was bent and was hard for the dentist to grip and every time he pulled it kept breaking. God knows how many injections I had but the only thing that kept me going was the little blonde assistant wearing a plain white nurse outfit that was see through

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Once took 90 minutes for an extraction - the tooth had grown sideways and the root was bent and was hard for the dentist to grip and every time he pulled it kept breaking. God knows how many injections I had but the only thing that kept me going was the little blonde assistant wearing a plain white nurse outfit that was see through

She wasn't really there, that was the anaesthetic doing its magic

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had Root Canal problems a couple of years ago. Never had pain quite like it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have a total of nine broken teeth in my mouth as a result of opening beer bottles, using my teeth. I was young and very stupid and thought because it didn't hurt then, that it was ok to do. It was only when my teeth started to break up about ten years ago, that i realised how foolish I was as a young un. Saying that, my dentist is great and just leaves them alone, unless they start to hurt.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I haven't been to the dentist for 26 years and have a full set of straight white teeth. I might be lucky or do the dentists make shite up half the time to empty the wallets of their victims?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm just out of the dentist, having just had a bad tooth removed.

Christ that was painful! Especially when he 'split my gum' and pushed it 'a little' so e could get more purchase on the tooth, which he had to cut into many small pieces ro get out. Even with 6 painkilling injections that was pain on a par with kidney stones I had a couple of years back.

I'm jut sat in my car waiting to come around a bit (with a gob full of bloody gauze) before driving home and then to work!

Moral of the story - eat less bad stuff, brush & floss more!

Your Hero mate, can't you give work a miss? Well done by the way!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here