Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Hotel

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Looking for a weekend stay at a hotel in London in November. Other than the normal online booking sites, anyone know of any other websites that offer good deals for hotels.

Looked at Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Trivago etc etc but the prices seem to be just what the hotel is offering anyway so might as well just book direct with the hotel. Is it better to go to hotel directly ? Also heard about sites whereby you book a hotel but don't know which one it is until you have booked it but prices are better ??? Anyone had any experiences with this ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How much are you looking to spend? I've got a few friends involved in London hotels. If you give me your mother's maiden name, first pet's name and date of birth, I could probably pass us off as being good friends and worthy of a discount.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Working in the industry, third party websites all have a best rate guarantee, give or take a pound which is why they are all the same. Hotels will pay between 12% and 20% commission on these bookings. Always worth finding the hotel you want and seeing if they will give a discount for booking direct. Many will especially the smaller chains or independents.

You get some brilliant deals on top secret but sometimes not till nearer the date of arrival. It is away hotels can sell a small amount of cheaper rooms without having to honor the same rate to all the third parties. Search 4 or 5* Mayfair and you cant really go wrong, The Ritz, Claridges etc all use these from time to time to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there's only two of you (i.e. no kids) then use www.priceline.com, selecting the 'name your own price'.

But first look at this: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=177 - look for threads on London. Learn how to identify hotels, and make re-bids for free.

I've used Priceline several times for London hotels and had great places, such as Grosvenor House on Park Lane for rates far below those achievable from the hotel direct or via booking engines such as Expedia and hotels.com etc.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
How much are you looking to spend? I've got a few friends involved in London hotels. If you give me your mother's maiden name, first pet's name and date of birth, I could probably pass us off as being good friends and worthy of a discount.

Ideally £90-120 with breakfast included. Appreciate that sort of price isn't going to be 4/5 star....but it would be nice.!!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Mate if you're only looking for somewhere to get your head down. Look at easy hotel. You can get a very basic room for £50 a night. No food but with the money you save you can afford to go out to eat.
I've stayed in several and as long as you don't want to spend much time in the room you can do it quite cheaply.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Out of interest which weekend are you looking at? If you go down the top secret route dont book for 5 or 6 weeks yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here