Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to say but I'm starting to really HATE the Seagulls

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Gulls don’t respect species relationships and will not only eat other gull species, but engage in cannibalism from time to time—just because. Several species take young from a neighbouring gull’s nest and eat them. In a bizarre (and exceptionally creepy) research project, an ornithologist noted a weekly pattern in one species’s cannibalism incidents. On Sundays, the carnage increased, and the gulls not only stole other chicks to consume, but occasionally fed on their own. It appears that human trawling cycles influence the availability of food, and on Sundays (without trawlers to follow) cannibalism becomes a more attractive choice (source: Listverse.com).

Nasty, nasty, nasty winged sea mammally b'stards!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They have a bad press!

This one is picking his dinner out!!!

Attachments

• BxAe55NCcAEHQMl.jpg
    BxAe55NCcAEHQMl.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 864

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gulls don’t respect species relationships and will not only eat other gull species, but engage in cannibalism from time to time—just because. Several species take young from a neighbouring gull’s nest and eat them. In a bizarre (and exceptionally creepy) research project, an ornithologist noted a weekly pattern in one species’s cannibalism incidents. On Sundays, the carnage increased, and the gulls not only stole other chicks to consume, but occasionally fed on their own. It appears that human trawling cycles influence the availability of food, and on Sundays (without trawlers to follow) cannibalism becomes a more attractive choice (source: Listverse.com).

Nasty, nasty, nasty winged sea mammally b'stards!

Well aren't you lucky that you weren't born a seagull then? Next you'll be blaming the pigeons for cooing and huddling together on municipal buildings and shitting on public monuments.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can you eat it?

Yes, very rich in protein (more so than Soya Beans) and it is eaten in some parts of South-East Asia, although most interest is in it's potential as a biofuel and animal-feed, given that it has the fastest doubling time of any flowering plant.

Other areas of interest include water remediation, control of evaporation and disturbance of the Mosquito life cycle.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
BRIAN: Uh, well, the birds, then.

EDDIE: What birds?

BRIAN: Any birds.

EDDIE: Why?

BRIAN: Well, have they got jobs?

ARTHUR: Who?

BRIAN: The birds.

EDDIE: Have the birds got jobs?!

FRANK: What's the matter with him?

ARTHUR: He says the birds are scrounging.

BRIAN: Oh, uhh, no, the point is the birds. They do all right. Don't they?

FRANK: Well, good luck to 'em.

EDDIE: Yeah. They're very pretty.

BRIAN: Okay, and you're much more important than they are, right? So, what are you worrying about? There you are. See?

EDDIE: I'm worrying about what you have got against birds.

BRIAN: I haven't got anything against the birds. Consider the lilies.

ARTHUR: He's having a go at the flowers now.

EDDIE: Oh, give the flowers a chance.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Well aren't you lucky that you weren't born a seagull then? Next you'll be blaming the pigeons for cooing and huddling together on municipal buildings and shitting on public monuments.

At least pigeons don't eat BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seagulls are nasty little buggers, they always remind me of 17 year olds that have just had their third pint of the night and will argue with anyone. Sorry, dress them up as a an endangered species but I'm not sure there disapearance will be missed as the Crows and Magpies are getting the hang of out competeing them.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
If YOU arrived on this planet as a seagull, rather than a human being YOU would be eating BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I would do that tappy thing they do with their feet to replicate rain drops on grass to encourage worms to surface. I would therefore not need to eat the YOUNG!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We need to bio-engineer Seagulls to only eat Spiders, at least that would solve one problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here