Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-110914-ld229-1907512_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia taking a training session.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:00 11th September 2014
by James Hilsum
There will be rotation as I want to keep players fit and we have two good options in every position."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia is delighted to have his squad back together following the international break and is confident his players can deal with a testing fixture schedule.The Seagulls have six games in the space of 18 days, starting on Saturday when they face Brentford at Griffin Park, but the Finn says his squad are in good shape heading into this hectic period.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m pretty happy with the squad now. I think we can cope with all these games. There will be rotation as I want to keep players fit and we have two good options in every position.
“This seven-game period is tough because we have five away games and two at home, so that’s not a good balance to have.
“But we need to face everyone home and away so it doesn’t really matter when they come as they are all tough games, even against those teams people don’t think will be up there for promotion.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Finn then revealed how beneficial the recent international break has been in order to integrate the new signings into his style of play.“The break has been great. Almost every one of the new players was here, so it was good to work on the training pitch with them on the things that are important for us and to integrate them into the system.
“Last week was similar to pre-season, to get the ideas into the players’ heads and this week we will do team tactics as we have everyone here and it is easier to do tactical things with the whole team.
“When you play well and win, you get confidence for the next game, but you still need to find the concentration to remember to do the right things on the field. That’s the advice I would give to the players.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills