Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City: Owner Assem Allam says club put up for sale

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hull City owner Assem Allam has revealed the club is for sale as he continues to fight for a change of name to Hull Tigers.

He threatened to quit the Premier League club within 24 hours if the name change bid failed, and the Football Association turned it down in April.

"When I say something, I mean it," the 75-year-old Egyptian said on Thursday.

He added that the club had been put up for sale 22 hours after the FA's decision five months ago.

Allam said that an appeal was being lodged against the name change rejection with the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29135764

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Another reason for the FA to ensure that purchases of clubs are investigated properly. With this joker running Hull and the announcement that a professional European football club is being run by a crime syndicate goes to show that the football bodies globally are failing to deal with their members.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Goddarn it, this better not guarantee Hull one of the relegation spots at the expense of Crystal Mighty FC! #feeling tense

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where will it all end?

:nono:

The black sheep of the football family.

Hasn't he generally been a good owner? He's not a fly by night JCL, but has been involved in Hull business for decades.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Assem Allam's statement in full

(As read to the media this afternoon.)

“We stated earlier this year that the club would be for sale should our attempt to promote Hull Tigers as a brand name and as a playing name be blocked.

“As a consequence of the FA’s decision on 9th April, I have announced on the 10th of April that within 24 hours Hull City is for sale.

“When I say Hull City, I mean the club is for sale, not the council.

“I am using the wording Hull City now, here, to show respect for the FA’s decision for Hull City.

“This announcement is in accordance with my decision ten months ago that I would walk away within 24 hours. In actual fact, it was 22 hours.

“When I say something, I mean it. I don’t call bluffs, what I say is what you get, exactly.

“We have also begun the appeal against the FA’s decision by The Court of Arbitration for Sport and we are hopeful of a positive outcome or that the FA reconsider their decision.

“Until the conclusion of the appeal, the appeal or the sale. Whichever comes first.

“The appeal or the sale. Whichever comes first.

“We will remain fully committed to the club.

“When I say whichever comes first, if the appeal comes first, okay, no harm done. If a sale comes first, sold.

“Exactly as I said before, whichever comes first, we will, until that, we'll act on whichever comes first.

“We will remain fully committed to the club. Evidenced by the latest remarkable additions to our already very good team.

“A team that includes I believe 15 or 17 internationals, never ever happened in the history of this club. We have players representing 10 countries.

“I thank the fans, Steve Bruce, our players and our team behind the team here, and at the training ground, for their tremendous support.

“My special thanks to Ehab Allam, who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes since January as a chief executive at the club, in addition to his normal duties as operations director at Allam Marine.

“Thank you, and I’m open to questions.”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Selling seems the best option. He has been very good for Hull City FC over the years, but if he can't take being told "No" then it's time for him to leave football.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
He's like a little ****ing kid - "let me change the name, or I'll throw it away"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
“As a consequence of the FA’s decision on 9th April, I have announced on the 10th of April that within 24 hours Hull City is for sale.

When I say Hull City, I mean the club is for sale, not the council”

Oh.

Thanks for clearing that up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hasn't he generally been a good owner? He's not a fly by night JCL, but has been involved in Hull business for decades.

He has put in £40M+ after buying the club for a quid in 2010.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He has put in £40M+ after buying the club for a quid in 2010.

He wants £72M.

David Conn [MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]_conn · 10m
Assem Allam loan to Hull City was £72m at last accounts, year to July 31 2013. He charges club 5%; his interest was stated as £2.8m. #hcafc

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If he wasn't confident of winning the appeal ,i am sure he would not have invested the amount in this transfer window

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good riddance to him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here