Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Minecraft - Is it worth playing?

0 Not allowed!
    What is with Minecraft? Looks sh*t and yet it's so popular.

Why?

Anyone play?

Is it fun?
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      My son is absolutely addicted to it.

The thing that pisses me off about it is that the XBox version isn't compatible with the Java versions running on PC/Mac - they diversified and followed different paths a couple of years ago. What the f*ck is the point of that?
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members
      Durrington or Salvington if you ask my wife

2 Not allowed!
      It seems a bit pointless, my eldest daughter was addicted. Watch a couple of stampy longhead videos, you will soon lose interest due to his annoying voice.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Its for ten year olds, isn't it?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Graphics are pants, 9-12 year olds seem to love it. Books abound on tactics etc. Give it another 6 months.
      I gotta Horse!

0 Not allowed!
      big lego
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."

0 Not allowed!
      It's a bit of a phenomenon that you just aren't going to get unless you are under 16 at the moment.

It's a massive business though, with a whole range of merchandise and a film planned for next year.

Microsoft are buying Mojang, who developed the game under a guy known as Notch, for $2 billion. The ironic thing about that being Notch is famously anti mega corporations and pulled out of a deal of making a version for the 'occulus' when Facebook purchased them, calling Facebook 'creepy'. But hey who can blame the guy, I would do literally anything for $2billion.

In terms of the game I think there is an adventure mode where you have to build up and protect your base but most people just play it in a free roam mode and use it as a big ideas lego set where you can create whatever you want. Apparently some schools are thinking about using it to encourage creative thinking from students.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Its for ten year olds, isn't it?
      Quote Originally Posted by Prince Monolulu View Post
      Graphics are pants, 9-12 year olds seem to love it. Books abound on tactics etc. Give it another 6 months.
      My SEVEN year old is addicted to it and my three year old has been known to play it on the iPad. Not properly mind - but enough for her to demand it off me too often
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      My 6 year old is addicted to it. It's Lego on a computer essentially. It's a cheaper alternative to actually buying and playing Lego with your children.

Currently, the over priced minecraft torch purchased from Amazon is Lost. Crisis doesn't even cover the reaction.

0 Not allowed!
      There is also a driving game called Blocky Roads available as an app. It's basically a complete Rip off of minecraft but a shit driving game as well.

The kids absolutely love it <shrugs>