Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see Sami has acknowledged LuaLua's impact from the bench, as we have consistently seen with Poyet, Oscar and now Sami. The dilemma is, LuaLua seemingly HATES the 'super-sub' tag, and feels he should be starting more, and this has caused some friction apparently with his agent pimping him around towards the end of last season / over the summer.

I personally think he is a much better coming on in the second half, to make a difference, as he can get pushed or marked out of the game too easily when he starts, as we have already seen this season.

So, what do we do with a 'problem' like LuaLua?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sometimes a player just needs to accept their team role, in LuaLua's case it is as a super-sub. we've seen time and again when he starts, he is underwhelming. shirley he knows this and any other manger would take a handful of games to reach the same conclusion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lua Lua will be gone at the end of next season, maybe before. He wants to start, and will be promised that by another team... he'll then end up playing the same super-sub role with them after a few months

I agree, if we dont sell him in January.

Even then I have big doubts about his ability to pass a medical....

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I would imagine he'll be gone in January as he's in his last year. I can't see him resigning, although I hope he does. He clearly wants to start but for some reason it just doesn't seem to happen when he does.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Would be really sad to see him go, so I for one hope he signs a new contract.

Creates a real buzz when he comes on and his take-anyone-on attitude is great to watch, as well as the wonder whether his shots will hit the roof of the net, or (more likly) the roof of the stadium.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For the 487th time, he's only better from the bench because he's played on the wing then. Whenever he's been started it's been in central midfield where he's not as effective. Why can't people see this?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would be really sad to see him go, so I for one hope he signs a new contract.

Creates a real buzz when he comes on and his take-anyone-on attitude is great to watch, as well as the wonder whether his shots will hit the roof of the net, or (more likly) the roof of the stadium.
Don't agree with this either, he's one of the best finishers at the club.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For the 487th time, he's only better from the bench because he's played on the wing then. Whenever he's been started it's been in central midfield where he's not as effective. Why can't people see this?

No. He's better against tired defenders and backtracking midfielders. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he only ever starts centrally, that's nonsense he's started on the wing plenty of times and he's never as effective as when he subs on. That is fact,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No. He's better against tired defenders and backtracking midfielders. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he only ever starts centrally, that's nonsense he's started on the wing plenty of times and he's never as effective as when he subs on. That is fact,

Agreed.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Don't agree with this either, he's one of the best finishers at the club.

You know your sarcasm doesnt come across in text right?

However if you are being serious, then i think thats more of a testement to how poor our shooting is.....

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I would imagine he'll be gone in January as he's in his last year. I can't see him resigning, although I hope he does. He clearly wants to start but for some reason it just doesn't seem to happen when he does.

Would also add that his defensive play has improved massively over the past season or so.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would love to see him given a regular starting run in the team.
Can't see him staying beyond this season, and why would he if he is only thought of as a super sub

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Lua Lua will be gone at the end of next season, maybe before. He wants to start, and will be promised that by another team... he'll then end up playing the same super-sub role with them after a few months
This, and it will be a terrible waste of an exciting young talent who has something many Albion players lack...the ability to entertain an audience

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
In the Lower West there is a feeling of excitement when he comes on. The expectation that something will happen is palpable and very often a goal soon results due to his input.

The North and West always welcome him when he starts a warm up session, he is clearly one of our favourite players and it would be as sad day if he were to leave the Albion, for any reason.

:ascarf:LUA LUA, LUA LUA.
We need a back flip graphic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here