Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bare Bones Tour

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I know the Foo Fighters were the big news in town last night, but performing just along the road at the Brighton Centre was Bryan Adams. I've never been a massive fan - but this is the 2nd time I've seen him live - & he puts on a great show. This was an acoustic set with just him and a pianist playing a huge catalogue of hits though....brilliant stuff.
Only cheesy bit was some middle aged couple getting up to smooch and grind against each other right at the front during "everything I do"....it wasn't a pretty sight. :ffsparr:

Anyone else go along to it last night?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, and loved it.

May not be "cool" among the music snobs on here, but I thought it was a brilliant show.

I've always admired musicians who are able and willing to strip out the fancy light and video shows and just SING, as Adams did very well last night. I don't doubt that FF were brilliant in a different way, but I was more than happy with what I saw.

As for the middle aged couple in Everything I Do, I'll raise you the lady in the patterned top during "If You're Gonna Be Bad, You Gotta Be Good". :nono:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm saving it for when he tours with full band later in the year. Had tix to see him at Ashton Gate years ago but couldn't go on the day, and I RUDDY love a bit of Bryan Adams.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought this was going to be about Harry Redknapp.

As an aside Bryan Adams seems to be buying up half of Berlin.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yep, and loved it.

May not be "cool" among the music snobs on here, but I thought it was a brilliant show.

I've always admired musicians who are able and willing to strip out the fancy light and video shows and just SING, as Adams did very well last night. I don't doubt that FF were brilliant in a different way, but I was more than happy with what I saw.

As for the middle aged couple in Everything I Do, I'll raise you the lady in the patterned top during "If You're Gonna Be Bad, You Gotta Be Good". :nono:

But at least she gave it a go - unlike the Barbie doll who stood up and then...just stopped doing anything!
Thought he sounded great last night - his songs lend themselves really well to the acoustic arrangements, in some cases better than the full band sound.
We'll be looking to get tix for the Reckless tour for sure - will probably take our 11 yr. old too next time as he loves Summer of 69...

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Not a massive Bryan Adams fan by any stretch of the imagination, but went to see him at Hyde Park years ago just because a colleague of my wife had a couple of tickets going spare, and I have to say I thought he put on an excellent show - loads of music, very little inane chit-chat, and a good time was had by all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I honestly can't think of a worse (indoor) venue for an acoustic set, than the Brighton Centre.

I saw Elvis Costello there once - just him singing, plus Steve Nieve on piano. They are talented chpas and put on a good show - but it would have been 100 times better in a pub, or even a mid-sized venue with a bit of ambience like the Dome.

It was like watching an 'intimate acoustic gig' in a B&Q warehouse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's that about HT? Properties or business? Off there next weekend - cant wait!

As I understand it he has purchased some semi-derelict warehousing area on the outskirts in the former east. I understand it's intended use is converting to an arts complex. That said little has happened in the time he has owned it. Must admit I have not followed it with much interest so my info is probably dated.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw Bryan Adams in about 1987 at the Brighton Centre (I think). Got to say, I bloomin' loved it. So did my mum. Favourite songs have to be Tonight, This Time and, of course, Summer of 69. However, cannot stand anything after Into The Fire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here