Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meat at markets

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was in Worthing today and walked past nthe meat stall where the flower sellers were near Woolworths and heard the chap tell a lady " roll of beef in the supermarket £35 give me £18.50" which she did. It was a large piece but was it any good or tough. Anybody bought any meat there or the one on the race course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was in Worthing today and walked past the meat stall where the flower sellers used to be near Woolworths, and heard the chap tell a lady " roll of beef in the supermarket £35 give me £18.50" which she did. It was a large piece but was it any good or tough. Anybody bought any meat there or from the one on the race course.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wouldn't buy meat from stall and certainly not from a racecourse.

Do they tell you where it has come from? Maybe if it were a reputable farm store, then I might be tempted.

Cut price meat? Not now, not ever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was in Worthing today and walked past nthe meat stall where the flower sellers were near Woolworths and heard the chap tell a lady " roll of beef in the supermarket £35 give me £18.50" which she did. It was a large piece but was it any good or tough.

What do you think the odds are that the man who bought that very piece of beef- and could thus accurately answer this question- posts on NSC?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Was in Worthing today and walked past nthe meat stall where the flower sellers were near Woolworths and heard the chap tell a lady " roll of beef in the supermarket £35 give me £18.50" which she did. It was a large piece but was it any good or tough. Anybody bought any meat there or the one on the race course.

if you mean the white van type thing by the gazebo,yes i have,mostly meat for stewing though.
never had any issues.
they do a good price for catering packs(5lb) of bacon,i suspect you may get a better price for a joint in a big supermarket though when offers are on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you think the odds are that the man who bought that very piece of beef- and could thus accurately answer this question- posts on NSC?

That man was a lady and the chance that she posts on here are very remote. It is, however, possible that some people who do post on here have bought meat from there or other market stalls like the racecourse or Ford and have an opinion good or bad.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mrs uses the chap at newhaven market on Thursday and Saturday, always much better meat than the supermarket and noticeably cheaper.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Think there might be a clue in the word 'racecourse'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not any more but we do have a Macdonalds, a Wetherspoons (x2) and a Lidl.......

Don't forget the Wimpy too Jim.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
That man was a lady and the chance that she posts on here are very remote. It is, however, possible that some people who do post on here have bought meat from there or other market stalls like the racecourse or Ford and have an opinion good or bad.

The meat lorry at Ford market is from Malpass (or it always has been when I have been there.) They also have butcher shops in Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings. I have used them for a number of years and always good quality meat at a reasonable price.

Www.malpassmarkets.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here