Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the travellers are in Withdean Park!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Must be 10 of their caravans there. Some things that could be done:
- the police could carry out checks on their vehicles to see if they're roadworthy. If not, tow them away.
- local residents could find an old vehicle to block the access with (presumably Peacock Lane) - you can't leave unless you all go, permanently
- presumably they leave the site during the day to go to whatever scummy driveway-laying jobs they do. Local residents should arrange to follow them and tell the person they're doing the work for that they are pikeys. Probably not so keen on their choice of contractor once they knew?
- Brighton should set up a "campers strike force". Every time travellers appear in a park 50 people should go along and pitch tents next to them. They would not be too keen on the company.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How did the word "travellers" suddenly appear in my thread title? Is the word I used unacceptable?? Being PC where these folks are involved really is a step too far. Which mod is responsible for this and can you please give a valid reason? Unbelievable!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How did the word "travellers" suddenly appear in my thread title? Is the word I used unacceptable?? Being PC where these folks are involved really is a step too far. Which mod is responsible for this and can you please give a valid reason? Unbelievable!

I changed it.

Its a derogatory term - for a group of people that personally I don't care much for at all, as it goes - but a derogatory term none the less, that can be considered discriminatory, and has led to prosecutions. We can do without unnescessary grief.

The change of title is really no big deal.

But in more recent years it has become a term of abuse and in the eyes of the law using it can even be deemed a racist offence, given its association with Irish travellers and Roma Gypsies. In December, at Lewes Magistrates' Court, Lee Coleman, 28, admitted using racially-aggravated threatening words and behaviour after a row with a nightclub manageress.
- See more at: http://www.the-latest.com/how-offensive-word-pikey#sthash.gMmTWt9g.dpuf

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Must be 10 of their caravans there. Some things that could be done:
- local residents could find an old vehicle to block the access with (presumably Peacock Lane) - you can't leave unless you all go, permanently
- presumably they leave the site during the day to go to whatever scummy driveway-laying jobs they do. Local residents should arrange to follow them and tell the person they're doing the work for that they are pikeys. Probably not so keen on their choice of contractor once they knew?
- Brighton should set up a "campers strike force". Every time pikeys appear in a park 50 people should go along and pitch tents next to them. They would not be too keen on the company.

It doesn't have to be local residents. Why don't you do it?
'Brighton' doesn't have to set up a 'campers strike force; why don't you do it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's getting ridiculous now - all the council and police are doing is chasing them round the city.

If the police and council don't have the powers to deal with removing these 'people' within a handful of hours then council officers, councillors, our three MPs and Katy Bourne should be lobbying the government hard to give them the powers they need.

If they do already have the correct poiwers then they should all be ashamed of themselves - the problem needs zero tolerance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Vote the Greens out, since they have had control of the Council it seems to be that they are actively seeking Traveling Groups to come and visit, rather than taking a harder line and limiting the pitching of caravans to the designated sites, rather than anywhere which has some green grass.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Vote the Greens out, since they have had control of the Council it seems to be that they are actively seeking Traveling Groups to come and visit, rather than taking a harder line and limiting the pitching of caravans to the designated sites, rather than anywhere which has some green grass.

Ohhh - wait until TLO sees your post !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's not "unbelievable" at all, and as HKFC has already explained, has been done for perfectly legitimate reason.

By all means use that particular term on your own Facebook (or whatever) profile as you see fit, but we have no intention of letting NSC come to grief over it.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
When I used to live along that way, they were always using that park. Some gates were put up to stop them, but I think they were quickly displaced.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's not "unbelievable" at all, and as HKFC has already explained, has been done for perfectly legitimate reason.

By all means use that particular term on your own Facebook (or whatever) profile as you see fit, but we have no intention of letting NSC come to grief over it.

So only "nice" words on NSC in future that have passed the PC brigade's check. Oh well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So only "nice" words on NSC in future that have passed the PC brigade's check. Oh well.

Grow up. It's not the "PC Brigade". It's the "let's try and avoid Bozza/NSC facing legal action" brigade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here