Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Integrated Community Equipment Service (ICES)

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
Yes. It was dull to me too, until someone I loved needed to come home to die, then it wasn't so dull. This service made that happen, that day, when we needed them. I know that it doesn't seem interesting. It's only when you need this service that it comes to light what an amazing job they do. Your comment is fair enough and your opinions matters too, but so does mine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Link doesn't work.

I'll also add, outsourcing isn't ALWAYS bad - it really does depend on how it's managed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im not sure you've made the right link.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Your link takes me to an Arsegas article from '91...

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you. Think I have posted the correct link now. I agree that privatisation is not always a bad thing. I believe that in this case, it will be.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the matter the article is misleading since no formal council decision has yet been made to outsource this service.

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you for your comment Tarpon. My aim here is to highlight the fact that it is almost definitely going to be privatised, unless the public get involved and make sure that the councillors involved actually know what this service does do for people in the community. I hope we still have a chance to influence them at this stage, but once it gets approved, it's probably going to be too late.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No issue with your motive or rationale Winders, it's the p*ss poor 'reporting' that gets my goat. It would actually help your cause if they got it right. Anyone reading that will assume decision made and move on.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Because a private company's main agenda is profit. This service should be about providing equipment to the patient, when they need it.

Agreed, but a private company will only make a profit if their service is of a decent standard and quality, otherwise someone else will come in. In some cases (not all I grant you), privatising a service like this could, in the long run, make it a better service than it is already.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Yes. It was dull to me too, until someone I loved needed to come home to die, then it wasn't so dull. This service made that happen, that day, when we needed them. I know that it doesn't seem interesting. It's only when you need this service that it comes to light what an amazing job they do. Your comment is fair enough and your opinions matters too, but so does mine.

Don't want to start a row Winders but the post above suggests you are someone who has used the service whereas your previous posts on the same subject from the turn of the year seem make it clear you are an employee in the service.

Maybe you should clarify this or your latest post may be seen to be disingenuous. What do you think?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
i see now. are you GMB or UNISON? and i wonder if this thread constitutes advertising, paid your sub to Bozza?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thank you for your comment Tarpon. My aim here is to highlight the fact that it is almost definitely going to be privatised, unless the public get involved and make sure that the councillors involved actually know what this service does do for people in the community. I hope we still have a chance to influence them at this stage, but once it gets approved, it's probably going to be too late.

You seem to conveniently interchange the words "privatise" and "outsource" but I guess that's because it suits your agenda - the two are actually different.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Don't want to start a row Winders but the post above suggests you are someone who has used the service whereas your previous posts on the same subject from the turn of the year seem make it clear you are an employee in the service.

Maybe you should clarify this or your latest post may be seen to be disingenuous. What do you think?

It's all gone quiet over there. Have to assume that Winders was indeed being a tad disingenuous. Sad if ture as tends to undermine any case being made. Ho hum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here