Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best decade for music

Which was the best decade for music?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Has this already been done? If so I can't see it.

60s by a long way for me, the Kinks can nearly win it on their own! (though it's a great shame Buddy Holly didn't make it that far).

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Voted 80's as that's when I was a teenager. Although all the decades were good - apart from the 00's - they were a bit crap !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Has this already been done? If so I can't see it.

60s by a long way for me, the Kinks can nearly win it on their own! (though it's a great shame Buddy Holly didn't make it that far).

Notters: as the instigator of the most dire decade thread, you're as positive as I am negative. That said, agree that the 60s are tops, although I still think 66-74 is the best period for music: late Beatles, Stones' best period, Neil Young, Led Zep, Stevie Wonder in his prime, Otis Redding, Temptations, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, The Ohio Players, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, Can, Kraftwerk, Neu!, Nina Simone, Billie Holliday ... and much, much more.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agree with that period [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], and you didn't even mention Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane or Joni Mitchell!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Agree with that period [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], and you didn't even mention Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane or Joni Mitchell!

You forgot The Doors and Janis Joplin...

I'm team 60's too

Cannot beleive the 80s has more votes; it was all synthesisers and ponces wearing make-up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You forgot The Doors and Janis Joplin...

I'm team 60's too

Cannot beleive the 80s has more votes; it was all synthesisers and ponces wearing make-up.

Some of us might like "synthesisers and ponces" :wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bloody love synthesizers and ponces so 80s for me. A decade that really went for it in music and fashion.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
1970's for me
Glam Rock
Punk Rock
Ska ...Early Two tone singles were all 1979
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Mod revival -Mod Mayday 1979
Rolling Stones most creative period
Disco (not for me , but some people seem to like it)
New Wave of British Heavy Metal
Bowie
Adam and the Ants
Alice Cooper
New Romantics
Early Goth
Northern Soul

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Notters: as the instigator of the most dire decade thread, you're as positive as I am negative. That said, agree that the 60s are tops, although I still think 66-74 is the best period for music: late Beatles, Stones' best period, Neil Young, Led Zep, Stevie Wonder in his prime, Otis Redding, Temptations, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, The Ohio Players, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, Can, Kraftwerk, Neu!, Nina Simone, Billie Holliday ... and much, much more.

Shome mistake surely, she died in 1959

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
1970's for me
Glam Rock
Punk Rock
Ska ...Early Two tone singles were all 1979
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Mod revival -Mod Mayday 1979
Rolling Stones most creative period
Disco (not for me , but some people seem to like it)
New Wave of British Heavy Metal
Bowie
Adam and the Ants
Alice Cooper
New Romantics
Early Goth
Northern Soul

Has to be the 70's for me, I had a brilliant time.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The 50's especially the second half. Thank you Radio Luxembourg 208 metres medium wave, my station to the stars.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
90's for me. Electronic golden era - if you like that sort of thing. Dance, House, Jungle, Techno was all born and came of age. Many, many drug fuelled classics.

This. To be really pedantic I would say 88-95 was the best era for Rave, hardcore, house and early jungle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here