Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Brighton Away Game?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I know been done before,but quite a few new members now

your very first Albion away day,not the first one you got arrested or beat up,we can do that another day

your very first away game?

mine Dec 76 Stamford Bridge,enough said :facepalm:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Quite recent , Orient away - the 2-0 Brooker,Zamora one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
November 75 - Gillingham Away - FA Cup - won 1-0, missed the goal as I fell off my stool!

Second away game Hereford - March 76 - League - Drew 1-1, a certain Peter Ward scored after 50 secs. Dixie McNeil equalised by pushing the ball in with his hand.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I know been done before,but quite a few new members now

your very first Albion away day,not the first one you got arrested or beat up,we can do that another day

your very first away game?

mine Dec 76 Stamford Bridge,enough said :facepalm:

I've ****ed this up already,just realised it was the Baseball Ground a month earlier :facepalm: :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
87-88 season away at Southend. Went on the coach, we lost and it went off during the game in the big corner of the away terrace they had back then. Enough of a good day out that I went to the next one at Walsall too......but on the train.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
December 1984

Back home for Christmas I took in the 1 all draw at the Pigsty. Didn't realise that the away end was going to be all ticket so had to stand with the Pigs.

All was OK until The Albion took the lead and my girlfriend, says out loud "oh look we've scored", my mate told her firmly that we hadn't so she follows it up with "oh I know Wednesday haven't scored I mean't Brighton" - we moved.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
First day of the 1977/78 season, away to Southampton. We'd just got promoted, so it was our first game back in what is now the Championship. 1-1, John Ruggerio scored for us (his only goal for the club, I think).

The Dell was an absolutely awful ground, we were rammed in like sardines behind the goal. It was so packed we could only see half the pitch - but luckily the half where the two goals were scored. Loads of fighting on the terraces! (not involving me, I hasten to add!).

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Must have been Palace, Boxing Day 1983. We won, 1-3 I think, with Brian Horton scoring?

I remember my dear old Grandad taking us up in his old Toyota Starlet. Parking near the ground, and then taking us in the home end :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Late 1990s some time. Orient away. It pissed it down, we were on an uncovered terrace at one end of the ground, and we quite unexpectedly won 3-0.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Man City early 80's, can't remember exact year.
Not too many of us there. Magic day out I recall.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Versus Millwall at The Den about 1953/54 bunked off from Holy Trinity Primary School Worthing and went with a mate with no money between us. Jumped the train then stood outside The Den crying, when asked said I had lost our money so couldnt get in. A chap paid for us both to get in and bought us a pie and bovril. Got a good hiding when I got home for going but it was worth it.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I had a proper baptism of fire!

It was the 2-1 defeat at Crystal Palace when Kelvin Morton awarded a total of 5 penalties. To make matters worse I was in with the home fans!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here