Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR in the Conference - Great Idea

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I bloody well hope they do get the fine. It's not as if they were unaware of FFP rules last season so as far as I'm concerned, it's what they deserve for sticking two fingers up at the rules.

And does Mr Fernandes really expect any sympathy when he thinks people should feel sorry for them because of their huge wage bill?

I mean, whose fault was that anyway? Oh, that would be him!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So what are the Parachute payments for other than to cover higher wages, while the squad is being adjusted.

Would be interested to know what adjustment would be made in the FL Divisions, one less relegated or one more promoted?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This will be the test case that breaks the FFP ruling and the Football League.

How? The FL is pretty much a private members club and QPR could potentially break the rules of membership. I very much doubt that any court would want to intervene. Plenty of other clubs who don't break the rules waiting to take their place...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Well, it would be hard to have any sympathy for QPR and their more than generous salaries to Championship players. It will be interesting when we come to the day of reckoning on this. My guess (based on what I've read - I'm no competition lawyer) is that FFP will not be enforceable. Presumably we'll just carry on as we were after that, with clubs with fantastically rich benefactors spending their cash, and those that don't either spending cash they haven't got, or trying to balance the books. Pretty similar to today, in fact.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How? The FL is pretty much a private members club and QPR could potentially break the rules of membership. I very much doubt that any court would want to intervene. Plenty of other clubs who don't break the rules waiting to take their place...

Would a court not find that it is a restriction of practice as it stops owners doing what they consider to be in the best interests of their business.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This will be the test case that breaks the FFP ruling and the Football League.

Why?

The courts would have a difficult job finding against the FL. All of its rules have been agreed by its members. Each and everyone of its members are fully aware of the rules prior to the start of the competition. If any such member should disagree they can raise it at the AGM, if there's enough support for their disagreement then it would be voted on and possibly changed. Failing that if they do not comply then the penalties agreed by the members that is laid down is in perfectly good English that even the numpty at Forest can read. Don't like it don't enter the competition.

The case of those who have complied is far far stronger should it be required.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, it would be hard to have any sympathy for QPR and their more than generous salaries to Championship players. It will be interesting when we come to the day of reckoning on this. My guess (based on what I've read - I'm no competition lawyer) is that FFP will not be enforceable. Presumably we'll just carry on as we were after that, with clubs with fantastically rich benefactors spending their cash, and those that don't either spending cash they haven't got, or trying to balance the books. Pretty similar to today, in fact.

I'd agree with you if UEFA hadn't stuck to their guns. I think FFP will remain and in reality for the league setup as it is now FFP must remain and be enforced.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Would a court not find that it is a restriction of practice as it stops owners doing what they consider to be in the best interests of their business.

No idea, but courts generally do not like to interfere in the running of private organisations. Has any club successfully challenged an expulsion from the football league or any other football organisation? Hereford spring to mind from recent times.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

No the business has to work within the boundaries laid down by the organisation of which it is a member. There is no restriction of practice it can do what it likes but has to face the penalties its membership requires if it breaks the rules that it is fully aware of prior to its involvement.

Alternatively it could do what it likes but not be a member, simple really, and not be in the league.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Putting them into more and more debt, you mean?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Non payment of FFP fine could affect QPR when they lose their Premier League place?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-league-ffp

Sorry! Didn't Notice the other thread!!!
What the hell is Fernandez on?
He says its impossible to compete in the prem and the wages between the prem and championship is huge:lolol:
Don't recall norwich or cardiff etc paying 50/60/70k a week wages to players with a stadium that holds 17k...He really is a clown and they deserve serious punishment.Problem is he'll pay that £40 million and that'll be it.Fines are not bloody good enough if im honest...points deductions and demotion is the way forward.
QPR break the rules!! but it actually won't benefit anyother club in the football league,so whats the bloody point?The whole thing is pointless and the only winners are the charities.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Putting his club in debt or increased debt is not exactly true as Fernandez may be in a position whereby he can afford and legislate for QPR to spend £100m to achieve their aims. He would then argue it is not his fault other chairmen cant afford the same.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
There is also the argument that FFP is not fair to smaller clubs as it fixes their available spend at a lower level than richer clubs, thereby setting them at a possibly permanent disadvantage as it introduces a vicious circle. Would any smaller club want to take this argument up? Would this angle also be considered if there was a legal challenge from a club that was fined?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here