Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
When are we likely to see some news on the punishment for clubs that have ignored/sought to circumvent FFP?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Since this minefield of FFP rules and regulations came into being im still not 100% sure i understand it correctly , what is wrong with a simple across the board no excuses points deduction policy , all clubs to produce their yearly financial results on December 1st , £1-3 millon 5 points deduction £3.1-5million 10 points 5.1-£10 million 15 points £10.1 millon - and above 20 points instant deductions at christmas non of this oh its Man Utd ect lets do it next season bollox .

The Football Clubs , Fans , even me would then know the score because as it stands Fining clubs a couple of million who cheat the system and who are then promoted and rewarded with wads of cash is frankly a load of old cock .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Or the New Year

or

sometime, never.

Why the negative?

The clubs voted for it, those that abide by it will have a very strong case if the league fail to implement what was decided by the members.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why the negative?

The clubs voted for it, those that abide by it will have a very strong case if the league fail to implement what was decided by the members.

That.

How can it be written off so easily when we've not even had an accounting period submitted yet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Since this minefield of FFP rules and regulations came into being im still not 100% sure i understand it correctly , what is wrong with a simple across the board no excuses points deduction policy , all clubs to produce their yearly financial results on December 1st , £1-3 millon 5 points deduction £3.1-5million 10 points 5.1-£10 million 15 points £10.1 millon - and above 20 points instant deductions at christmas non of this oh its Man Utd ect lets do it next season bollox .

The Football Clubs , Fans , even me would then know the score because as it stands Fining clubs a couple of million who cheat the system and who are then promoted and rewarded with wads of cash is frankly a load of old cock .

How would you propose to deduct points from QPR this season?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thats my point . Teams would be deducted the points in the same season if the rules were in place already Qpr would not have been promoted , but since they and others knew they could getaway with it last season they risked a fine and have been rewarded for cheating . Its too late now obviously but if teams knew they would get a mid season points hammering im bloody sure they would think twice about cheating . As it stands its a waste of time imo .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thats my point . Teams would be deducted the points in the same season if the rules were in place already Qpr would not have been promoted , but since they and others knew they could getaway with it last season they risked a fine and have been rewarded for cheating . Its too late now obviously but if teams knew they would get a mid season points hammering im bloody sure they would think twice about cheating . As it stands its a waste of time imo .

No they couldn't. Accounts for last season (up to end of June) will be being submitted on December 1st. Any fine, embargo or points deduction will always have to be applied to following season

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No they couldn't. Accounts for last season (up to end of June) will be being submitted on December 1st. Any fine, embargo or points deduction will always have to be applied to following season

I thought that must be the case, it'll take some time to go through the books etc.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

This may sound like im going round in a circle here but yes you are correct and those are the current rules , what i am saying is a fine is not enough , the basic rules of FFP are wrong and will always favour bigger clubs or clubs willing to cheat the rules , if the automatic points deduction rule had been in place at the very start of FFP regulation this would have been more of a detterant than a possible transfer embargo or soppy fine , i understand the need to produce accounts and then they are acted upon the following season but if the FA are serious in what they are trying to do then they need to re think it , simplify it and act upon it .

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I just don't see the point of FFP. Is it really saving clubs from going bust? It's overkill. Let clubs spend what they want and reap the consequences, good or bad. They're not fan owned by enlarge, they're businesses. If they are fan owned they will inevitably be more cautious with less access to funds.

If clubs want to pump in investment, or take a risk to try to buy some success, good luck to them. The only thing I can really see it does is block competition and cement the big clubs in place at the top, as if a club can only spend an amount based on their income, this favours those with the biggest incomes and makes it more difficult for other clubs to catch up.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I just don't see the point of FFP. Is it really saving clubs from going bust? It's overkill. Let clubs spend what they want and reap the consequences, good or bad. They're not fan owned by enlarge, they're businesses. If they are fan owned they will inevitably be more cautious with less access to funds.

If clubs want to pump in investment, or take a risk to try to buy some success, good luck to them. The only thing I can really see it does is block competition and cement the big clubs in place at the top, as if a club can only spend an amount based on their income, this favours those with the biggest incomes and makes it more difficult for other clubs to catch up.

Tell that to the creditors of Pompey and others - often local businesses who can't afford the losses.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

great if it could be applied in the same season but as they don't publish the accounts until the following one, how can a team that has brought promotion to the top flight get punished and prevented from getting extra income that this would bring plus the parachute payments which they wouldn't have otherwise got even if were deducted points during the next season in the Premier League (which is run by another organisation so unlikely to deduct the points from them any way)

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I don't see the point of parachute payments either. They also help block competition and keep the bigger clubs at the top. Clubs should prepare for the possibility of relegation and deal with it if it happens. £200 million for one season in the prem is ridiculous- the parachute payment for one season is more than the Albions total income. Absolute farce.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This may sound like im going round in a circle here but yes you are correct and those are the current rules , what i am saying is a fine is not enough , the basic rules of FFP are wrong and will always favour bigger clubs or clubs willing to cheat the rules , if the automatic points deduction rule had been in place at the very start of FFP regulation this would have been more of a detterant than a possible transfer embargo or soppy fine , i understand the need to produce accounts and then they are acted upon the following season but if the FA are serious in what they are trying to do then they need to re think it , simplify it and act upon it .

Why should big clubs be brought down to the level of smaller clubs just because they generate more income?

Should Mansfield have the same spending power as Leeds or should Crawley have the same spending power as us by artificially stopping the bigger clubs from spending what they generate for themselves or by allowing the smaller clubs to spend as much as the bigger clubs earn.

Life is not a level playing field and FFP is not about trying to make it one, it's about trying to get clubs to be responsible with their spending and trying to stay within their limits. It should never be about making all clubs equal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here