Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpools training ground

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
93c51d852af887686b8d215b624e9ea4.jpg

Just seen Chopra on SSN commenting on Blackpools training ground - "you're trying to do weights and you've got water coming through the ceiling".

And this was a club in the Premier League. They're training in a shack. Unreal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's also massively exposed. I've seen it a few times on SSN or Soccer am, and things, and it is ALWAYS blowing a gale!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
93c51d852af887686b8d215b624e9ea4.jpg

Just seen Chopra on SSN commenting on Blackpools training ground - "you're trying to do weights and you've got water coming through the ceiling".

And this was a club in the Premier League. They're training in a shack. Unreal.

Is it that far out from a lot of clubs though? I read the other day that Accrington Stanley were training on a public park over the summer, after the private school they used to use decided they couldn't accommodate them any more. James Beattie said he had to go out before training with a shovel to check there was no dog crap on the grass. Pompey haven't ever had a proper training ground of their own either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Under Mullery we mostly trained on Hove Rec and it didn't seem to do much harm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it that far out from a lot of clubs though? I read the other day that Accrington Stanley were training on a public park over the summer, after the private school they used to use decided they couldn't accommodate them any more. James Beattie said he had to go out before training with a shovel to check there was no dog crap on the grass. Pompey haven't ever had a proper training ground of their own either.

Accrington are almost a pub team, and Pompey are professional HILARIOS so I'm not overly surprised if they're slumming it. As were we of course, until recently.

But for a club like Blackpool, who have recently had the cash windfall of a (low budget) season in the PL, I thought the lack of investment was quite shocking. Its a 1960s PREFAB.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Under Mullery we mostly trained on Hove Rec and it didn't seem to do much harm.

And for most clubs in that era, the pre-match routine was a pile of steak and chips, followed by a pint of Carling Black Label, a couple of tabs and a trip to the bookies.

THOSE were the days

*stares wistfully into the distance*

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Shocking. How unbelievably tinpot! Just imagine what it must be like to not have a proper training ground to call your own, and be forced year after year to use some windblown municipal playing field!

Oh.
Was about to launch into a tirade against your post. Thankfully I read to the end and got the sarcasm! [emoji5]

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of poor Andrea Orlandi having to slum it in facilities that would shame an Under 5s 3rd XI :cry:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of poor Andrea Orlandi having to slum it in facilities that would shame an Under 5s 3rd XI :cry:

Exactly this. Not that he'd complain though. :angel:

Dec 29, 2011
Weren't Blackpool one of the only clubs to make a profit in the Football & Premier League? That being said, we can hardly criticise the likes of Forest and QPR for flouting FFP rules while also calling Blackpool tinpot because they can't afford decent training facilities within their means.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Weren't Blackpool one of the only clubs to make a profit in the Football & Premier League? That being said, we can hardly criticise the likes of Forest and QPR for flouting FFP rules while also calling Blackpool tinpot because they can't afford decent training facilities within their means.

ONE of their parachute payments could have got them somewhere semi-decent.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Bit different though, Blackpool made £39M just from TV revenue, add to that parachute payments of around £60M, very little of that went into the squad, so where did it go?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just to be clear, I'm not calling them tinpot. I have no axe to grind with BFC.

But given the millions and millions they received from their season on the gravy train, I'd have thought some of that could've been channeled towards building some kind of training facility that doesn't look like a neglected scout hut, or a storage shed at Selhurst Park.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Just to be clear, I'm not calling them tinpot. I have no axe to grind with BFC.

But given the millions and millions they received from their season on the gravy train, I'd have thought some of that could've been channeled towards building some kind of training facility that doesn't look like a neglected scout hut, or a storage shed at Selhurst Park.

I think that's the question being raised by their supporters, as to exactly where the Oyston family have placed that cash.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sun says Owen Coyle to be appointed manager this week and be given money for free agents loan signings. Just our luck, just before we play them and what price Kuszczak being one of the free signings. He apparently also wants to sign Chris Eagles who always does well agsinst us.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here