Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton turning into a snobby place to live.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well what do you think then folks....

Today we took the little one for a run around in Queens Park before heading off for a walk along the pier and a boat ride to burn off some energy and I over heard some mums talking how they would never go to the level with their children because it's full of chavs.... Is that true, I don't think so it's great for kids and that's the point is it not ! I mean a Queens park hardly Mayfair is it ? One of the reasons I moved back to Brighton was to get away from Islington type snobs and bring my nipper up in my home town.

This is not the first time I have heard snobby remarks and to be honest it's sad. So a question to those who have lived here for sometime. Have you seen a change does it annoy you and do you blame an influx of people who moved from London and brought with them their attitudes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
DFLs are like grey squirrels , they move in and force the native population out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Today we took the little one for a run around in Queens Park before heading off for a walk along the pier and a boat ride to burn off some energy and I over heard some mums talking how they would never go to the level with their children because it's full of chavs.... Is that true, I don't think so it's great for kids and that's the point is it not ! I mean a Queens park hardly Mayfair is it ? One of the reasons I moved back to Brighton was to get away from Islington type snobs and bring my nipper up in my home town.

This is not the first time I have heard snobby remarks and to be honest it's sad. So a question to those who have lived here for sometime. Have you seen a change does it annoy you and do you blame an influx of people who moved from London and brought with them their attitudes.

I recently moved to a flat overlooking Queens Park.

I haven't heard any comments like that, but the Hanover area is full of 'new age' mums so I'm sure things like that do get said!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What do you mean 'turning into'?

to be fair my last experience at the level was being told at by a homeless man that he would slice me up with his samurai sword, so my opinion on the park isn't fantastic!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to go to Queens Park school. Message ends.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What do you mean 'turning into'?

to be fair my last experience at the level was being told at by a homeless man that he would slice me up with his samurai sword, so my opinion on the park isn't fantastic!

Did you look at him funny though ?

Did you ask him if he was going back to Scotland after the yes vote ?

Hardly call a homeless man a chav or maybe it just goes to show how well off we all are in Brighton to have homeless chavs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
20 years ago i wouldnt have taken kids to the levels as it wasnt suitable, wouldnt have the used the term chav, but not for little kids.

are you off there tomorrow, or sticking to Queens Park?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
20 years ago i wouldnt have taken kids to the levels as it wasnt suitable, wouldnt have the used the term chav, but not for little kids.

are you off there tomorrow, or sticking to Queens Park?

I go where ever the little one prefers and it's safe which to be honest is most parks in Brighton & Hove. The level has a reputation but a lot of that is in the past or after dark.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
At the Food Festival over the weekend I overheard a man saying 'I wish I wasn't educated so I could open a Pitta van'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I can only assume that they haven't been to The Level since it re-opened, in which case, it's not so much snobbery as ignorance.

Before it was re-done though, they may have had a point - it was an awful place.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ha - When I was a nipper in the seventies we played football till 11pm at night in queens park - it was always ok. In the nineties things got really bad and you had to be careful walking through there at night for various reasons.

I don't know about it now but the level has always been a shithole and we used to play football down there every Thurs night on the gravel for years !

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I love Queens Park. I've lived in the area most of my life. I've never regarded it as snobbish, a lot of people have been here for years. It's a place I've always enjoyed reading and writing about. But there will always be those with attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here